Pre-buffered parking mode question

aaronbee2010

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DDPai mini2s (front), DDPai mini (rear)
Hello everyone,

Apparently the pre-buffered parking mode only works with either an OBD-II or hardwire connection. But both of those connections only have 12V constant (12V battery) and ground functions (no 12V accessory connection present). How does the camera know when to start going into parking mode (how does it know when the car is off)? Normally when a car is turned off, the 12v constant connection stays live but the 12v accessory turns off so the camera is still on but knows when the car is turned off and goes into parking mode. I'm just wondering how the 0807 manages this with only those two connections I mentioned. By any chance does it work in the same way as the DDPai mini (the rear dash cam in my own car) where it detects a lack of motion over a certain amount of time then switches into the parking mode, or perhaps do you have to set parking mode manually? Many thanks guys :)

P.S. I'm asking because I'm helping my cousin choose a camera for her car.

Last edited:
are you sure it does pre buffered parking?
Yes, there are a few different parking mode options advertised, including "Pre-recorded" mode where if an impact is detected, a video containing the footage roughly 15 seconds before and after the incident (I'm estimating based on the footage on "US Dash Cameras" review on YouTube). According to the company, the footage is buffered internally, then written to the memory card when the impact is detected. I also edited the question to ask if you might also have to engage parking mode manually :)

According to the manual when the engine is running the higher voltage due to the alternator (above 13.8V) causes the unit to go into the recording mode. When the vehicle is off and the voltage drops below 13.8V then it goes into parking mode. If the voltage drops below 11.8V the unit will shut down. Currently I am having problems with mine as it will not go into parking mode. Hope this helps.

Back