Nextbase 512GW and 412GW questions

I'm just pointing out that they probably planned to have it out at the end of October. But there has been an issue by the looks of it. I am sure they will be in Halfords 6 weeks before anywhere else if that is what they plan. It just looks like it has been delayed.

If they had said oh we don't know would you be any better off?

Of cause I would .... I'd know not to be expecting something that's not going to turn up in the shops. Had they said "Oh we don't know" would this not be much better lying to sell there product! Please don't get me wrong, I'm well happy with the 512gw I bought it for the use of the rear cam, but would much prefer to be told truth or be given advice that's correct.

Of cause I would .... I'd know not to be expecting something that's not going to turn up in the shops. Had they said "Oh we don't know" would this not be much better lying to sell there product! Please don't get me wrong, I'm well happy with the 512gw I bought it for the use of the rear cam, but would much prefer to be told truth or be given advice that's correct.
I get what your saying. But as I said they probably planned to have it out by the end of October. Hence the information given. Sadly there is a delay of some sort.

I am waiting for it myself to see if it is suitable. I am hoping it to be a small unit as I tried my old 512 in my rear window but as my rear window is very small it took up too much room and had to be offset to one side and set at an angle.

Hopefully they delay won't be too long and Tiffany can advise ASAP on why it's delayed and when we can expect it to be finally released.

If you rang them on the Monday, and then they found out on the Wednesday of the same week that there was a delay - do you think they would have gone through the record of calls to see who had been told on the phone on the Monday that there had been a delay?

If they only get the info AFTER your first correspondence, then they were in fact being truthful when they told you the date. Had you rang them on the Friday, say, instead, then they would have given you the newer info don't you think?

You're blowing things out of proportion.

There's a song that comes to mind, from Frozen...

"Let it go, Let It Go!" ;)

I was in Halfords Uxbridge Friday and they don't have the 612 on display. They still have the advertising board finishing at the 512.

I didn't ask if they had it as I'm hanging on for more footage.

Hi @RoVic

I am really really sorry for the delays here, I can understand your frustrations especially if you're eagerly waiting for it. I'd like to assure you that there has been no intentional lying here please accept my apologies if it feels that way.

We have been putting the camera under additional tests to ensure that it works seamlessly with the 512GW. This is something that me and Ryan and our other colleagues in Technical Support have just become aware of, no intentional lying.

I will be in touch with you (along with others) to make you aware that the camera has been released to avoid you checking repeatedly.

If you rang them on the Monday, and then they found out on the Wednesday of the same week that there was a delay - do you think they would have gone through the record of calls to see who had been told on the phone on the Monday that there had been a delay?

If they only get the info AFTER your first correspondence, then they were in fact being truthful when they told you the date. Had you rang them on the Friday, say, instead, then they would have given you the newer info don't you think?

You're blowing things out of proportion.

There's a song that comes to mind, from Frozen...

"Let it go, Let It Go!" ;)

What a ridiculous reply ..... for what its worth I'm not even going to attempt the reply .......... Let it go indeed, "Ridiculous"

What a ridiculous reply ..... for what its worth I'm not even going to attempt the reply .......... Let it go indeed, "Ridiculous"

Erm...

Hi @RoVic

This is something that me and Ryan and our other colleagues in Technical Support have just become aware of, no intentional lying.

That's essentially what I said. They didn't know when you spoke to them.

:)

Hi
I just boght today a 512GW dashcam and I have a small problem. I've tested it in my room to see how it works and how clear are the videos. I started recording and stop it, close the camera from the button, connected to my laptop, selected Mass Storage on the camera, open the new SD partition and the surprise was that I don't have any videos.
The questions are: is there a problem with the camera? if I need to save a video on my laptop after recording something important in traffic what should I do? and also I saw that if I connect my USB cable while the camera is on and press the Power button and change it to Mass Storage I have the video, but if I close the camera, video is gone (even is on protected mode).

edit: I have updated the firmware and now I have a new problem. After closing the camera (using the power button) it resets to the factory settings even I've selected "Keep user settings ON". How can I downgrade to the previous firmware (which I forgot what was).

Thank you and best regards,

Last edited:
Class 10, 128 GB from Samsung

Have you tested the card for errors? Use h2testw to test, format the card first, post the results if you're not sure what they mean

edit: I have updated the firmware and now I have a new problem. After closing the camera (using the power button) it resets to the factory settings even I've selected "Keep user settings ON". How can I downgrade to the previous firmware (which I forgot what was).
edit2: I really upset already cuz I can't use my camera as a normal guy and I need to be the one with the bad luck :(
I have started the scan with h2testw. Will take a while. I will come back with the results

Warning: Only 127979 of 127980 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
23.8 GByte OK (50088940 sectors)
52.2 GByte DATA LOST (109491220 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
17.5 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 35 sectors)
52.2 GByte corrupted (109491185 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x000000058af48820
Expected: 0xb73856fdef037820
Found: 0xb73856fdb3037820
H2testw version 1.3

This is only the Writing. Verifying will take couple of hours aswell.

assuming you formatted the card before running the test as mentioned (?) then the results indicate the memory is either faulty or fake, fake is most likely

I have formatted the card when I've started the cam for the first time and before testing it.
I don't think the problem is from the SD card because I can't save videos...its something from the camera because: if the camera is still open and I connect it with the USB to the laptop, I can see and play the videos, but, if I close the camera and connect it to the laptop, then I lost all my videos.

and another thing, because the scan is still working, thats why I've showed you wrong results. 52.2 GByte DATA LOST (109491220 sectors) is increasing now and still going because I haven't finish it yet with the Verifying. I will post the ultimate results to see

if that card was formatted before use your results would indicate a fake card, the reason you can see files before you power off is because they use a fake allocation table, once you power down it loses the info and the data is lost, the first part of the card would work and the more you write to it the worse it gets

So that means I need another card and the camera is not faulty

Back