"More drivers using dashcams as extra eye on the road"

All true and makes wonder why germany is against dashcams.

These media people make everything look so easy and simple, don't they? Using "that" particular dashcam as an example might be counterproductive. People these days are so easily influenced and lazy that they might go out and buy one just because they saw it on TV and they don't want to bother researching a bit more and get a proper camera. And don't start again with the "any camera is better than no camera" argument. :rolleyes:

I think you can spot the countries against dashcams on google, i assume it will be the same countries that dident allow for google to map the streets with the cars.

Germany (and many other countries against dash cams) seem to want to respond to the outcry of people not wanting to be filmed (or they have their own already-in-place laws about filming in public), and for whatever reason, are not focusing on the good that comes from having a dashcam for the law-abiding drivers who get fleeced out of thousands of money (couldn't think of collective currency :D) when unable to prove innocence, and the nationwide ever increasing insurance premiums

Germany (and many other countries against dash cams) seem to want to respond to the outcry of people not wanting to be filmed (or they have their own already-in-place laws about filming in public), and for whatever reason, are not focusing on the good that comes from having a dashcam for the law-abiding drivers who get fleeced out of thousands of money (couldn't think of collective currency :D) when unable to prove innocence, and the nationwide ever increasing insurance premiums

I think the bit they haven't realised as yet is just how many random crimes are picked up on dashcam and how useful it can be to get that extra evidence, police here often put the call out for anyone that might have dashcam video when some other crime gets committed that may have been picked up by a passing motorist and we don't even have a very large percentage of drivers with cameras still

I think the bit they haven't realised as yet is just how many random crimes are picked up on dashcam and how useful it can be to get that extra evidence, police here often put the call out for anyone that might have dashcam video when some other crime gets committed that may have been picked up by a passing motorist and we don't even have a very large percentage of drivers with cameras still
I think it is an excellent idea.

There isnt any connection just an example what is allowed and what isnt...
Just to add that they dont have a speed limits on their "autobahn's".

I think most miles of Autobahns have a speed limit, there are few sections left without the speed limit.

So it would seem a am wrong after i little googling.
WIKI.
"German autobahns have no federally mandated speed limit for some classes of vehicles.[1] However limits are posted (and enforced) in areas that are urbanized, substandard, accident-prone, or under construction. On speed-unrestricted stretches, an advisory speed limit (Richtgeschwindigkeit) of 130 kilometres per hour (81 mph) applies. While going faster is not illegal as such in the absence of a speed limit, it can cause an increased liability in the case of an accident; courts have ruled that an "ideal driver" who is exempt from absolute liability for "inevitable" tort under the law would not exceed Richtgeschwindigkeit."

Visual.
http://www.autobahn-speedhunter.com/

I think most miles of Autobahns have a speed limit, there are few sections left without the speed limit.

So it would seem a am wrong after i little googling.
WIKI.
"German autobahns have no federally mandated speed limit for some classes of vehicles.[1] However limits are posted (and enforced) in areas that are urbanized, substandard, accident-prone, or under construction. On speed-unrestricted stretches, an advisory speed limit (Richtgeschwindigkeit) of 130 kilometres per hour (81 mph) applies. While going faster is not illegal as such in the absence of a speed limit, it can cause an increased liability in the case of an accident; courts have ruled that an "ideal driver" who is exempt from absolute liability for "inevitable" tort under the law would not exceed Richtgeschwindigkeit."

Visual.
http://www.autobahn-speedhunter.com/
I know about no speed limit on German highways,didnt know aboit details and didnt search internet on that subject,sorry about that.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

My friends nephew now live in Germany a little south of Hamborg, so he tried to drive down there, but his Dacia logan arnt a speed demon with its little diesel engine. :D

I have only been to east and western Germany as a kid, so i have never tried to drive there.

Maybe this is a strange comparison but in Germany, prostitution is legal but dashcam are ilegal.:confused::ROFLMAO:o_O:whistle:

That's good explanation to your wife: i would have taken a dashcam to my car but since those are illegal i have to take prostitute instead:)

That's good explanation to your wife: i would have taken a dashcam to my car but since those are illegal i have to take prostitute instead:)
I can see s-o-0-0-0 many ways an illegal dash cam (with all the fines and legal expenses) would still be the better choice. :eek:

I am not married yet....so,no need to explain to anyone. :)

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

It's true, it's the same here too

Back