Lexar High-Endurance or Samsung EVO Select Card?

there's a startup tone, just tells you it has powered up, it's not a warning beep at all, if you have it set to auto restart (default setting) and it has an error initialising the card it will restart over and over so that you would likely notice, that's how people that don't look after their memory cards typically find out there's a problem and contact us wondering why the camera is not working, poor card handling, deleting files ad-hoc, not formatting etc are what most often leads to that behavior, it's not a catch all but it does pickup the most common type of problem, the self inflicted type

Ok, that sounds better than nothing, the start up sound is very faint, however there's a chance that it can be noticed if it's repetitive,
I did test it on my SG9665GCv3 (F/W SG20161128.V3), but it doesn't seem to work. I have all settings set to default values including "Auto restart" = 1 min.
1. Without SD CARD, it boots up, emits startup sound, waits for about a minute, then powers off silently.
2. With dead Lexar card in, it goes into boot loop - StreetGuardian boot logo keeps flashing without any sounds.
Let me know if you want me to do more testing, and I'm curious why it doesn't work...

-albertr

if there's no card in it will just shutdown, that's expected

depends what kind of write error as to whether we can make it reboot or not, if the format is wrong it should do it, if the card is totally screwed though the camera may not fully boot so can't load what it needs, limitation of the platform as to what we can do

Ok, so from what I understand there's absolutely no guarantee that it will reboot if there's a problem with SD CARD. In this case, I guess the only way to make sure that it starts recording is to visually inspect it every time after starting up the car.

-albertr

Ok, so from what I understand there's absolutely no guarantee that it will reboot if there's a problem with SD CARD.

correct, some problems can trip it up before it actually finishes booting, in that case we can't get it to load the firmware to be able to get it to run the process

Back