I’m looking to live stream multiple cam footages within a website or app

Aaron1130

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will be placing these cameras in multiple pieces of construction equipment. I would like to be able to pick a piece of equipment and live stream what that operator is currently seeing. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

You cant do this with consumer grade dashcams, there are not any that also have a SIM card build in so you can transmit the footage or access it from another location on the internet.
Some dashcams do have wifi, but for the most its just intended for doing the settings and maybe DL a file to your phone now and then ( they all seem to have slow transfer speeds )
And off course even if you have a devise with a sim card, then you might have that pice of equipment in a place where you at best have poor 3G connection, here in Denmark that's pretty well equipped with masts and also a flat country some rural families got to have a landline too as they can not expect to have cell coverage inside their own house.

And welcome to the forum Aaron.

We are planning to have a mobile hotspot along with each camera, so it will have a available internet connection

Network IP camera can match your needs!

Are there security cameras that incorporate a sim card?

I can't see off the shelf wifi security cameras working with a mobile hotspot.
It may be possible, but it's beyond me.
( I just set up a couple of wifi security cameras in a small house with no wired internet.)

If the size of the construction area was limited, maybe putting a wifi router that can cover the vehicles in a site office would work?
You'd have a cheaper solution. $40-50 camera, wifi router, one internet charge.

Are there security cameras that incorporate a sim card?

I can't see off the shelf wifi security cameras working with a mobile hotspot.
It may be possible, but it's beyond me.
( I just set up a couple of wifi security cameras in a small house with no wired internet.)

If the size of the construction area was limited, maybe putting a wifi router that can cover the vehicles in a site office would work?
You'd have a cheaper solution. $40-50 camera, wifi router, one internet charge.
The sites are around 100 acres so that wouldn’t work

I am by no means strong in network related stuff, but i think CCTV cameras ( IP ) should work relaying over a network access point of some sort.

Problem also are what cameras, and by that i mean visible or hidden cameras ?
What ever type people will find a way to render them mute if need be, just like when i was young and renting a car with 200 km on it, we just pulled off the speedo cable and drove 2000 km in it.
People can get quite creative if they can circumvent something in their favor.

And you still need some upsteam bandwith if you are going to funnel 4-5 cameras thru at 1080 / 30 FPS.

Here in DK due to theft from work sites it is pretty common now to see masts at construction sites with CCTV cameras on them aside for light that's much needed this time of the year this far north on the globe.
You get good range with a 20 X optical zoom PTZ camera, and you can get cameras with even bigger optical zoom if need be.
ext

82253_1_xl.jpg

We even have rentals for such setups, so you can rent a trailer with everything ready to go to the work site.

https://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.seesafe.dk/sikring/mobilovervagning&edit-text=

Back