SOOCOO S300 CMOS Sony IMX377 with Hisilicon Hi3559V100 (4k/30FPS)

ToniTony

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic Of
NjtWROC.jpg

What we know till now
SOOCOO S300 the first action camera with Hisilicon Hi3559V100 chipset and popular the IMX377 sensor found in Yi 4K Plus

Price for now known is US $172.00 but this might change as a final product

EDIT: Monday 16 October 2017 confirmed and added more info
SOOCOO S300 Action Camera
Specs:
- Sensor: SONY IMX377 (1/2.3'' 12 MP)
- Recording in H.265 and H.264
- Maximum Aperture: F2.4
- Lens: Wide angle 170° 8G Glass Lens
- Screen Size 2.35"
- Touch Screen: Yes
- Processor: Hisilicon Hi3559V100 (4k/30FPS) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8b7Wcj1ZceSMFo4SkFCWHJEams/view
- WIFI Support: Yes 2.4GHz
- Bluetooth Support: Yes [Broadcom BCM43340 2.4GHz and 5GHz working distance 30m with 30Mbps download]
- Voice Control: Yes in English [Six kinds of camera commands Video start, Stop video, Take photo, WiFi on, WiFi off, Shutdown]
- Image Stabilization: Gyro Stabilization 2.7K confirmed or 1440p with 60fps
- Image Rotation: Yes
- CAR DVR mode: Not sure yet [they are working on the firmware need more time for testing]
- External Mic support: Yes
- External GPS Module: Yes
- External data Interface: 10 pin Mini USB port
- Memory Card Support: 64GB [testing for 128]
- Remote Control Support: Yes
- Prompt as a webcam: [They are updating the software] probably Yes
- Motion Detection: Yes
- Diving Mod: Yes
- Time Lapse Video: Yes 1sec, 2sec, 5sec, 10sec, 30sec, 60sec
- Long Exposure support: Yes Auto, 1sec, 2sec, 5sec, 10sec, 30sec
- Slow motion support: Yes [1080p 120fps, 720p 240fps]
- Battery Capacity 1250mAh
- Waterproof case: Yes

The SOOCOO S300 will be in production next month, the official release of the camera it is set for 11.11.2017 you can make a preorder. If something new come related with the camera the specs will be changed or added.

It is now listed in one of the Official stores

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear Tony i can't find video bitrates detail for the s300 camera.

I know chipset & sensor powerfull 4k30,1080p recording supports 100mbps(Hi3559V100 chipset datasheet),

But i dont any spec,info camera record quality options.

My Sony :
3840 x 2160 30p/25p/24p: Approx. 100 Mbps & 60 Mbps,
1920 x 1080 120p/100p: 100 Mbps/60 Mbps,

YI 4K:
4K P30 100Mbps
2.7K(16:9) P30 60Mbps

I bought s300 11:11 fest for testing.

Hello all,

I just bough also S300 on 11.11, i have big hopes that will be over Yi II, specs-vise look promising, i do trust Soocoo, that will continue the success of S100 pro....
Looking forward for any new info

Greetings,
i will join to this discussion as i just bought a S300 and i'm looking forward to recieve it and after i will make a unboxing & review video.

I was thinking the get this one too, but from China is long way...I might be getting it in a month time or over ....the tax on top of the price...
It looks good action camera.

Happy new year!
So, i got the camera and i made a few tests and seems to be ok but there are a few things that i don't like:
1. The battery drains to 0 in about a week and a half without using the camera, wich i think is weird. My old SJ4000 keeps the battery charged for a long long time if not used.
2. When filming on 4k, if i make ample moves (ex. from left to right ) the image doesn't remain clear.
3. Althought Soocoo says it has voice control, i haven't been able to use it.

Be carefull what you buy...as on Aliexpress i saw another version of Socoo S300 wit different hardware (NTK chipset and IMX117). Is there any way i can see what hardware my camera has without tearing it apart?

That's all for now. I will write if i see something new.

i saw another version of Socoo S300 wit different hardware (NTK chipset and IMX117).
As a rule Novatek cams can be easily identified by checking the EXIF data of stills.

Reactions: Mtz
Happy new year!
So, i got the camera and i made a few tests and seems to be ok but there are a few things that i don't like:
1. The battery drains to 0 in about a week and a half without using the camera, wich i think is weird. My old SJ4000 keeps the battery charged for a long long time if not used.
2. When filming on 4k, if i make a mple moves (ex. from left to right ) the image doesn't remain clear.
3. Althought Soocoo says it has voice control, i haven't been able to use it.

Be carefull what you buy...as on Aliexpress i saw another version of Socoo S300 wit different hardware (NTK chipset and IMX117). Is there any way i can see what hardware my camera has without tearing it apart?

That's all for now. I will write if i see something new.

Thanks for sharing. My initial thoughts after about 3 weeks of use.

1. True for me as well - the battery (oem) drains empty in 3 days being off. I had to attach a power bank in almost all my recording so far. I don't think the battery will last as nearly as they claim it to be (70 minutes). I will have to buy extra batteries later.
2. True for me as well - especially, if I have EIS on in 4k. Not sure if there is any pixel crop to compensate the image shakiness.
3. Don't think this model comes with voice control (S200 does tho)

Other issues I've found in my SooCoo S300:
- Big audio delay in recordings when I turns on LDC in 4k and 2.7k. Thought, I like this LDC feature and want to leave it on all the times.
- SooCooZone mobile app does not work on my Android 7.1.1 phone
- More jello effect with EIS comparing to other similar quality action cams. Although, it appears videos are less shaky.

I see you did use LDC. What does it do exactly?

Oh..Lens Distortion Correctin..i haven't tried that.

Well, in the first post, voice control is mentioned and i looked on different sites. On gearbest, for example, they say it has, on aliexpress it doesn't. Overall the camera is good but the only thing that's bothering me is the battery wich is draining to empty without usage. This is a major minus and i must find a substitute (maybe the battery from Xiaomi yi 4k+ will fit).

As of this time, there's generally not a lot of information about this camera other than at SooCoo's official site and resellers' sites. This particular model is fairly new and also brand is not super popular in the sport camera world. So far, this camera offers the best value for specs as advertised. I mean if they really use IMX377 sensor and Hi3559v100 inside, that is some good stuff. IQ is pretty good in adequate lighting. I hope to see some comprehensive reviews on YouTube soon. Here are couple links to answer your questions in SooCoo's FAQs:
http://www.soocooplus.com/faq?p=21#faq
http://www.soocooplus.com/faq?p=10#faq

First link is for voice control and battery life concern. Their answer to one question (Russian) about voice control is “Sorry, there is no voice control for controlling the S300”. I couldn't also find any voice control feature offered from the list of specs in Hi3559v100 SoC. Secondly, I looked and found no other compatible battery for this model but only specific ones offered at SooCoo's official site.

Yea, the battery from Xiaomy doesn't fit.

This is what i was telling you about..on the box they say it has "voice control, external mic and GPS location" but so far i haven't fount the voice control. I asked on Soocoo official site about it and the answer was:

Hi, nope. SOOCOO S300 action camera got one version only and that was the one you have bought. SOOCOO S300 doesn't have voice control function and external GPS logger. Regarding about the issue with the battery, did you try to buy a new one? If the new one also like that, it suppose to be like that. We will let our engineers know about this case and will try our best to improve it. thanks for your suggestion.

In my opinion this is false advertising.

Attachments

• IMG_20180126_142428.jpg
    IMG_20180126_142428.jpg
    692 bytes · Views: 12
Reactions: Mtz
I was just on Soocoo's site ,the s300 is discounted from USD 169 to 149
The description only mentions the external mic.support, nothing about GPS or voice control, unless my eyes deceive me!!
A seller on USA E bay seems to offer a choice of standard or GPS and voice control! I think I smell a scam!
Gearbest's add says it has "GPS LOGGER" and voice control!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea... My S300's box has printed on her "voice control" and "external gps" but the camera doesn't support any of them. So in my opinion, they started well with marketing but they are lame with the product and lieing clients is not the good way to a good business. The price was too good to offer all of that in one camera an the rule " if it's to good to be true then it probably isn't" applys here too.

Yes, too good to be true, but if a company makes false statements here there are avenues of redress against them: gov't action or civil suits! But whst about GB: the S300 they advertise at $145.79 is calling the cam to have GPS logger(whatever that means) and voice control? Other GB ads for the cam show a waterproof case and no GPS or voice control!

True. Like you said, I've found those features missing from product's descriptions as well. That is one of many risks buying from oversea and not a very established brand. Honestly, I bought this camera mainly for the IQ, which I thought could be produced by the Sony IMX377 and processor Hi3559v100 listed in specs. I now doubt if they are actually built those inside unless I open up the case. Although I don't plan to do that and void the warranty. I might just send them a message and hope they are honest in their response.

Right now, I still have the camera because I bought it less ($120.00) than full MSRP. Also, I see myself having less of a need to have voice control and GPS at this time. Maybe that can change in the future, who knows. Secondly, IQ seems to be good the for price although I wouldn't know how good it is unless doing a comparison with other brands. One of the features I like on this camera is LDC or fisheye lens correction. However, turning on this feature causes audio severely delayed in 4k and 1440P mode. It might work in some cases if I don't plan to use audio in the footages. I hope this bug to be fixed in the future firmware (after 9.6.3.18.20171219). Another thing I don't like about this camera is short battery life, even when it's off. I'm still testing things out when I have a chance. Until then, will see if it's worth the price.

As i said before, they started well with the marketing but they lost themselves when they started production. I think that the production cost with all of those features was too high for them and they cut some or it was just a marketing mistake.
Anyway, it's not the money, it's the principle that counts.
If you recieve a answer from them please share it with us.

Back