Download latest update query

maxcorrigan

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Just recently rejoined this site, i have a StreetGuardian SG9665GC purchased online 31 jan 2016 from Pier28 the camera had been working perfectly till i decided to reformat card, after reformat with laptap powering the camera (i know now i should'nt have done) put camera back in car power light shows, camera works, record light flashes once, then message states "card full"
Took camera out, removed the card, reformatted card using the SD Card formatter, have managed to download vid clips to card with no problem, then a reformat, so presume card is OK, i now want to update camera, have downloaded the latest update to the desktop and have now got a folder marked SG9665GC_V2_V3_UPDATE_4,
Do i literally just send this folder complete from desktop to the memory card in the street guardian card reader?
Sorry to be so long winded about this, but wanted to provide all the info i can, to you good people, so hope you can help!
Regards maxcorrigan

Just recently rejoined this site, i have a StreetGuardian SG9665GC purchased online 31 jan 2016 from Pier28 the camera had been working perfectly till i decided to reformat card, after reformat with laptap powering the camera (i know now i should'nt have done) put camera back in car power light shows, camera works, record light flashes once, then message states "card full"
Took camera out, removed the card, reformatted card using the SD Card formatter, have managed to download vid clips to card with no problem, then a reformat, so presume card is OK, i now want to update camera, have downloaded the latest update to the desktop and have now got a folder marked SG9665GC_V2_V3_UPDATE_4,
Do i literally just send this folder complete from desktop to the memory card in the street guardian card reader?
Sorry to be so long winded about this, but wanted to provide all the info i can, to you good people, so hope you can help!
Regards maxcorrigan
Leave dashcam in your car. Remove card, insert it into PC/laptop, delete everything from card. Open firmware file, find .bin file, copy it to the card. Insert card into dashcam, start car engine, it will tae around 10sec to update FW then it reboots. Now go into dashcam menu, do card format. Now take pen and push "reset" button on the left right of the unit. After it reboots all is done.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Sorry for late answer, but thank you for your step by step instructions, have not tried out yet, wife is out in car! but will let you know the outcome, thanks again Niko
maxcorrigan

If you can't get the firmware to update, you might need to reset the card first via LONG (FULL) format using this utility:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

After that, put the card back into the camera and format one time so it's FAT32 and formatted by the camera.

Now eject the card to put the firmware file back onto the card so you can update the camera.

Last edited:
Sorry for late answer, but thank you for your step by step instructions, have not tried out yet, wife is out in car! but will let you know the outcome, thanks again Niko
maxcorrigan
No problem

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

OK Thank you everybody for all your help; did as suggested did a long format/override took 1hr. copied latest update (5) replaced in camera all updated correctly,then as suggested formatted in camera, only thing i got wrong was time zone, i put +6 here in Thailand, when it should have been +7 which i have just corrected!
So thanks again Niko and all, keep up the good work.

Back