2008 Buick Enclave - No Acc power found

Rickdean

Reaction score
Country
United States
Installed a G1W-CB in our 2008 Buick Enclave and cannot find any accessory fused circuit. I've installed 2 others in our other cars with no issues. Seems like there is a small amount of phantom voltage across any accessory type circuit which won't allow the camera to turn off after the key is removed, doors shut and lights off. Right now I manually turn the camera off.

Camera turns on when ignition is turned....It just won't turn the camera off.

I've seen other references to the same issues on this vehicle. Is there some kind of an adapter/add on I need? I

Comments appreciated.
Rick

Installed a G1W-CB in our 2008 Buick Enclave and cannot find any accessory fused circuit. I've installed 2 others in our other cars with no issues. Seems like there is a small amount of phantom voltage across any accessory type circuit which won't allow the camera to turn off after the key is removed, doors shut and lights off. Right now I manually turn the camera off.

Camera turns on when ignition is turned....It just won't turn the camera off.

I've seen other references to the same issues on this vehicle. Is there some kind of an adapter/add on I need? I

Comments appreciated.
Rick

Hey Rick,
Where are you specifically getting your power from for your cam?

Fuse box under the hood. I got one of those fuse jumpers and tried many of them. Can't remember what fuse its on now but it was one that should of been acc. Thanks for responding. Rick

Oh yea.... I have tried my other G1's in the Buick nd they won't turn off either so it must be a GM issue.

Oh yea.... I have tried my other G1's in the Buick nd they won't turn off either so it must be a GM issue.

If you could look in your manual and see what the fuse your using powers...that’s what I would like to know. But as of right now I understand the camera turns on when you start the vehicle, and then it stays on for a while after you cut it off...how long?

...then it stays on for a while after you cut it off...how long?
This is key. Many (all?) GM vehicles have a feature called Retained Accessory Power (RAP) that keeps some (all?) accessory circuits live for a period of time after the ignition is turned off - about 10 minutes if I remember correctly. My SRX has this and it caused some 'issues' when I first started heavily using the ACC circuits.

The camer won't shut off. Many times we forget and it runs all night. My wife and I have studied the manual fuse diagram several times. Right now its plugged into "trailer brake".

My email is osagebarber@gmail if you want me to send a couple pictures. Rick

It sounds like I would try a different fuse. I would side with DT MI and say that whatever power source just remains hot for whatever reason...I’m not a big car guy but whatever you’re using is staying hot. If you have an interior panel I think that’s usually easier.

I just realized...you’re turning the camera off. That means it’s still got power 24/7 it’s just off. Try a different fuse that is only hot when the car is on. Take a peak at your manual and look at the diagram

Tried 'em all. Ohm meter shows about 1.3-1.5 volts on all acc even when off. Camera must sense that. Other online searches refer to the same issue.

Does not make sense to leave phantom 1 volt current running about.

GM dealership is my next step. Thanks all. Rick

Are you sure there isn't another fuse panel under the instrument panel? When I searched for an online manual it mentioned on page 5-100 a fuse panel under the dashboard as well as another panel under the hood.

The inside fuse panel you are refering to is on the passenger side floor panel and uses the super small micro fuses. A real bitch to work on. I filed down a fuse adapted to fit.....no luck there also. All acc fuses had phantom voltage eve when car was off for 30 minutes and camera stayed on. I give up!

I think I connected my camera to a wiper motor fuse on my Honda.

...All acc fuses had phantom voltage eve when car was off for 30 minutes and camera stayed on...
That just does not sound right. If an ignition switched ACC circuit is hot with the ignition off there has to be a problem somewhere. :confused:

The "radio" circuit seems to be a good one to get ACC power from.. unless your radio is powered all the time.. which would be rare. I agree with DT MI (above) that if there is measurable voltage on circuits that should be off... there is a back flow issue someplace..

The inside fuse panel you are refering to is on the passenger side floor panel and uses the super small micro fuses. A real bitch to work on. I filed down a fuse adapted to fit.....no luck there also. All acc fuses had phantom voltage eve when car was off for 30 minutes and camera stayed on. I give up!

Did you see this forum?

http://www.acadiaforum.net/#/topics/4943?page=2

Sounds like you have a factory defect.

Back