Please don't change the firmware language

And the problem was the diesel vibrations creating the jelly effect I presume? All my cams do that, especially when idling... so that's nothing to feel shocked about, well, not to me anyway.

Well, of course trucks in Europe are 99.999999% diesels, so.... haha, but yeah, I am looking for the best possible solution for low cash....

The Yi's have a good rep for video quality, simlpicity and reliablillity, am I correct?

As far as I know the BLACK (or Power) version has better heat resistance than the grey/gold ones? But if it's only the 1080p/30 that reduces the heat, then I can also use the grey one on 1080p/30, and use it for other purposes (family, vacation etc) in higher framerate?
Yes, the diesel vibrations caused a jelly effect, also recording at 1080P 60 fps at night caused some lines on video,but thats related to streetlights and 50 and 60 Mhz,dont know much about that really.
I told you pretty much all that I know about Yi and what I expirienced with it.
How do you mean in other purposes??

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Yes, the diesel vibrations caused a jelly effect, also recording at 1080P 60 fps at night caused some lines on video,but thats related to streetlights and 50 and 60 Mhz,dont know much about that really.
I told you pretty much all that I know about Yi and what I expirienced with it.
How do you mean in other purposes??

If I buy the BLACK one it's for reasons of avoiding heat problems, and get great night recording while driving tucks, so it could be hours on end recording and looping over, so heat issues must be eliminated. But if it's only the framerate that is limited, then there's no reason to buy the black version, and then I will buy the grey version, and use it as a dashcam on 30fps, and possibly on higher framerate for shorter video's or in colder times of the year. Well, maybe not so obviuos cause it's not an action camera, but a dashcam.....haha

I'm not sure what other differences there are between grey and black, other than framerate being limited to 30 fps.

Tbh, I'd buy the black one if it's better resistant to the higher temps.... period. But I'm not sure, hence the question here.

Otoh, the grey have way more fov than the black, so that's a plus for my specific needs, filming from behind the driver's side requires a widest possible fov to get the driver in view and also some of the side windscreens.....

Maybe @jokiin or @Mtz can tell us something about these questions?

If I buy the BLACK one it's for reasons of avoiding heat problems, and get great night recording while driving tucks, so it could be hours on end recording and looping over, so heat issues must be eliminated. But if it's only the framerate that is limited, then there's no reason to buy the black version, and then I will buy the grey version, and use it as a dashcam on 30fps, and possibly on higher framerate for shorter video's or in colder times of the year. Well, maybe not so obviuos cause it's not an action camera, but a dashcam.....haha

I'm not sure what other differences there are between grey and black, other than framerate being limited to 30 fps.

Tbh, I'd buy the black one if it's better resistant to the higher temps.... period. But I'm not sure, hence the question here.

Otoh, the grey have way more fov than the black, so that's a plus for my specific needs, filming from behind the driver's side requires a widest possible fov to get the driver in view and also some of the side windscreens.....

Maybe @jokiin or @Mtz can tell us something about these questions?
Dont hope too much you can us it like a action cam, its possible, but for a maximum 10-12 minutes, but not for too long because it has a very small battery, mine actually is ready for changing only after 6 months of usage.
Dont know about @jokiin or @Mtz can tell you something more about Yi dashcam but I for sure know that @dash riposki can tell you something from his personal expirience ( he is using his Yi in truck just like you would only its mounted in windshield ).

Same as we talking other place,this Black version can not reboot with other international English software,or else,it can not boot normally if you apply "English" SW on it!

Same as we talking other place,this Black version can not reboot with other international English software,or else,it can not boot normally if you apply "English" SW on it!

I know, it's no big deal to me, in the app we can do everyting in English, I'm just (still) trying to find out if it's worth buying, and what the diffs are between gray and black version, besides the lower framerate and language.

I know, it's no big deal to me, in the app we can do everyting in English, I'm just (still) trying to find out if it's worth buying, and what the diffs are between gray and black version, besides the lower framerate and language.
Black version has no ADAS while grey version has;and black version resolution up to 1080p 30fps,but no 1080p 60fps;

Thanks, I had got that far as well, I was trying to find out if there are other aspects to the black one that made it more resistent to hot temperatures, and IF there has been fixes for the out of focus thing.

According to our company QC report,black version is more stable than grey verion;But yes,out of focus is the main complaint on both moudles :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Yi Dash Cam 1
kobo Yi Dash Cam 2
Back