Radio reception issue (+ dogs)

gth

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Mini 0806
Short version: dogs eat cables + can't mount on the rear window. What rear camera could I use?

The rear storage area of my friend's car has dogs that have eaten wires and seatbelts.

But the challenge that has me scratching my head is the demister line things on the rear windscreen are somehow used by the radio - anything mounted on them ruins reception. Apparently it's a Mercedes thing?? The lines leave no space to put a camera (e.g. even at the very top edge).

I was thinking a mount on the side window might work? Externally mount (like a reversing camera) maybe? Ideas? Dual camera setup would be preferred, but I don't think I have many options...

Feed the dogs before you put them in a car? (Or provide them with a chew toy) :)

Depending on the tinting on the rear windows, maybe a second dashcam in the windshield, facing the rear, will pick up enough?

When those demister lines first showed up on a new VW bus my parents bought in the 70's, couple of neighbor kids were studying the bus.
One of the kids asked what those lines were for? Another kid looked at them and replied 'Thats were you write your name and address in case you lose it."
:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B What Should I Buy? 0
M What Should I Buy? 1
Back