Compare C5 vs G3 vs 0906

teddyc1

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Gitup G3 is out and now so is the Innovv C5; Looks to me like both are good contenders for helping out cyclists and motorcyclists.

So I’ve been looking for some comparative videos or file uploads, and screenshots, haven’t found much yet; I’d like to see some decent comparisons with similar lighting conditions etc. Does anyone here have both? It would be great to see how each one handles the bumps in the road, as well as details while at speed.

On another thread, I have learned that the G3 Duo’s EIS doesn’t work when the G3 is plugged into its slave cam; so I’d actually consider using two G3’s for front and back, and I’d even consider 2 C5’s for front and back.

My application is a cruiser electric bicycle with front fork suspension; So I would assume that the ride is a bit bumpier than a motorcycle with its higher quality suspension system; So I’ve tried to get used to the idea of a helmet mount idea (for front and back view?! One on each side of the head?!) or chest mount (“chesty” front and back, perhaps mounted on a bright yellow emergency vest?!)

Innovv C5 is for mounting on the bike frame, rather than on the helmet or chest; and thankfully, everything there is water resistant.

Gitup G3 could cope with either frame mount (with water resist case) or chest mount; less so with helmet mount. Its slave cam, however, would do better on the shoulder rather than the chest or back; otherwise the frame or the helmet.

G3 with its slave both on a helmet would be the highly fashionable “teletubbie gets a sidecar” look. ;-)

If helmet cam front & back is really the way to go, then better to use 2 of those Sena Prism Tubes, and always carry charging cables along. While I’m not yet persuaded that the helmet is a good place, at least it would eliminate lots of the vibrations.

For frame mounting, the Veckle 0906 must be included as well, since its quality is in the right range, plus, its slave camera is compatible to swap with that of the Gitup Duo (I learned that in another thread). The 0906 slave is waterproof, while the G3’s is not.

So that’s about what I’ve learned so far; and I’m super curious to hear what others in this fine community think about these ideas and questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

not suitable at all, fine for your car but not for what you want, either of the other two are no problem

Ah, yes, I see what you mean jokiin. Only the slave camera part of the 0906 would do well on a bike or motorcycle. The head unit is only for indoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come to think of it, if we’re talking about doubling up on cameras, we could also mention using 2 Gitup F1’s for front and back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"using 2 Gitup F1’s for front and back" it will be a expensive plan :)
I can take video from Mini 0906 & G3,and will PM you details then.

The 0906 slave is waterproof, while the G3’s is not.
The prototype 0906 had waterproof slave cameras, I don't think the production slave is even showerproof. I haven't seen one though.
I certainly wouldn't want any rain drops landing on the main 0906. Presumably it is possible to buy compatible waterproof slave cameras for the 0906 and G3.

The G3 slave looks like it probably would be showerproof, I wouldn't worry about a few drops of rain on either the slave or the main G3, they don't have any holes on top like many other recent action cameras! Although I would want to dry them out properly afterwards, not leave them on the bike stored in a cold damp place overnight. The G3 main unit also has a waterproof case and skeleton case available.

The G3 works nicely mounted on the handlebars, on bumpy ground it is not as stable as a body mount, but it does always point the right direction and it is far more convenient than having wires around your body!

The Gitup F1 is worth considering, it is a nice shape for mounting, more aerodynamic and it does real 4K. There is no stabilisation at 4K resolution though, not an issue for use as a car dashcam where you don't want stabilisation, but a big issue on a bicycle and I think stabilisation is very desirable on a motorbike too unless it is a very heavy one. The 1080 stabilisation on the F1 is not as good as on the G3 so unless the shape is desirable, I would choose the G3. Also, the F1 doesn't currently have a waterproof case and the buttons are on top so I'm not sure how showerproof it is, I would want to put something over it in the rain. The G3 will also record for an extra half hour per battery compared to the F1, although for use on my bike I have a USB powerbank and power cables installed to provide many hours of power.

So really the slave for the 0906 is meant for the inside back window—when installed in a car? Does it have buttons or holes on it?

Thanks Nigel for clarifying so many things about the new Gitup systems.

"using 2 Gitup F1’s for front and back" it will be a expensive plan :)
I can take video from Mini 0906 & G3,and will PM you details then.

I look forward to the video uploads, thanks!

Actually, 2 F1’s (or 2 G3’s) would be $60 more than a G3 Duo plus slave.

Pricewise, 2 Sena Prisms would be in the same ballpark, and those could possibly switch between handlebar/frame mount as well as helmet mount.

Most lacking however are any amount of raw video uploads and jpg frame grabs from the newish Innovv C5. It would be great if users or company reps would get stuff out to the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So really the slave for the 0906 is meant for the inside back window—when installed in a car?
Yes, outside on the back of a car the lens would get covered with muck and salt and be useless within 10 minutes on UK roads! It is normally fitted behind the back window wiper so that it can see in the rain.
Does it have buttons or holes on it?
No buttons. I only have a prototype one so can't answer about holes, though from the images I've seen it does not look like it was intended to be used outside. The G3 and slave were intended to be used outside, but definitely not under water without a waterproof case.

You might find 1 G3 and 1 F1 a nice pair, they are very different cameras, I wouldn't want a G3 on my helmet, but an F1 is OK, for in car dashcam use I would go for the F1, while for use as a camera for videography or photography I prefer the G3.

Back