SJCAM SJ7 Review is now online

salesberg

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone. The following is my review of the SJ7.
It was at the time running Firmware version 1.02.
Hope you like it.
Regards.

Thanks for sharing. A few more cons than pros though :)

If it has "a heating issue", does that make it no use as a dashcam, or other purposes that need continuous recording?
Maybe the heating issue is OK at 1080 resolution?

The Sj7 can get almighty hot in static use, i have seen that in my window sill, but i have not had it stop on me for that reason.

The Sj7 can get almighty hot in static use, i have seen that in my window sill, but i have not had it stop on me for that reason.
As in, it burns your fingers when you hold it, or as in, you drop it as soon as you pick it up?

An a nice pocket warmer, you can place it on the back of your palm where the skin is thinnest and still be alright unless you are a big girl.

This is 4K recording, i have not tried if a lesser resolution will be any different.

An a nice pocket warmer, you can place it on the back of your palm where the skin is thinnest and still be alright unless you are a big girl.

This is 4K recording, i have not tried if a lesser resolution will be any different.
Ahh, just a little warm, should be OK as a dashcam then.

Of course, if it is generating all that heat then the battery is not going to last so long.

Hi everyone. The following is my review of the SJ7.
It was at the time running Firmware version 1.02.
Hope you like it.
Regards.

• ”The provided frame did not fit the camera at all. This may have been an oversight in the review unit, but I can only comment on what is at hand. “
can you please email me a picture of this? This issue seems to have been resolved now.

Yeah doesn't bother me either the 4K heat, i also record in 1080p and it hardly generates any heat, - - - so it's not a bad thing overall cos i understand all the data it's throughputting.

Nice and thorough SJ7 Star review:

• ”The provided frame did not fit the camera at all. This may have been an oversight in the review unit, but I can only comment on what is at hand. “
can you please email me a picture of this? This issue seems to have been resolved now.

Originally when I received the review sample it had the frame from SJ6.
However, at a later date, I received a few other items for review, one of those items were the frame for SJ7. That new frame fits like glove.
Thus I believe, the early review sample had incorrect one in it.
I'm certain you would have addressed it, else everyone would be talking about it.

(EDITED UPDATE)
The review posted on the website has also been updated with this info:
http://www.salesberg.com/2017/04/sjcam-sj7-review.html

Last edited:
Looks like I neglected to post my SJ7 review. Great camera. Lots of good test shots in my review too.

Looks like I neglected to post my SJ7 review. Great camera. Lots of good test shots in my review too.

Yes, we saw this when you first published :) Great job!

Back