Fluid spill on the track, 14 car pile up

I think that is fairly common there isn't it?
Normally not captured on video because videos are banned, they don't like videos like this getting out!
Without marshals all around the track there is no way to warn people fast enough to prevent pileups, that's the main reason F1 stopped using long tracks.

how gutted, to manage to stop safely, pull your car over out of the way, get out and walk up to helpfully warn everyone to approach with caution, only to see your car get smashed up!!

I think sometimes it's better to pass the scene before pulling over to offer help

how gutted, to manage to stop safely, pull your car over out of the way, get out and walk up to helpfully warn everyone to approach with caution, only to see your car get smashed up!!

I think sometimes it's better to pass the scene before pulling over to offer help
At least he has the video so can claim on the other guys insurance, trouble is the other guy quite likely hasn't got any insurance since our normal car insurance excludes the Nurburgring and since it is officially a public road the normal rules for race tracks don't apply so it is going to be a huge mess to sort out!

Thats the problem, even racing in the track car, the damn phone are right there.
I do have my phone docked in my car, but if i had a track car that would not happen, even for a special place like that track.

Too bad he didn't choose to stop on the inside of the curve instead of the outside. Cars with too much speed would not be able to stop and likely push to the outside.

KuoH

at least he had enough sense to get on the correct side of the crash barrier!

Back