Best Settings?

Tim4077

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have just had a BlackVue DR750S - 2CH installed. Can anyone give me any tips on the best settings to use please?

Thanks

I just got my DR750S last Friday. First thing first update your firmware. I set up brightness at 3 because 1 and 2 are too dark for my taste. 3 is just right. I kept parking mode related settings the same because I will not likely use it despite installing PMP. However I think the best advice anybody can give you is to use this Blackvue tool to set up your camera's clock because Blackvue software gets confused by DST. This tool actually fixed it for me. Link is below.
https://www.blackvue.com/download/time-setting-program/

I just got my DR750S last Friday. First thing first update your firmware. I set up brightness at 3 because 1 and 2 are too dark for my taste. 3 is just right. I kept parking mode related settings the same because I will not likely use it despite installing PMP. However I think the best advice anybody can give you is to use this Blackvue tool to set up your camera's clock because Blackvue software gets confused by DST. This tool actually fixed it for me. Link is below.
https://www.blackvue.com/download/time-setting-program/

Thanks for this. I have set my brightness to +3 (front) and +4 (rear) to compensate for tint. The quality just seems poor in general compared to my old Nextbase cam (that was a 1/4 of the price...) maybe I am expecting too much!

Thanks for this. I have set my brightness to +3 (front) and +4 (rear) to compensate for tint. The quality just seems poor in general compared to my old Nextbase cam (that was a 1/4 of the price...) maybe I am expecting too much!

your Nextbase cam would do better video, Blackvue is more about parking mode and cloud access

your Nextbase cam would do better video, Blackvue is more about parking mode and cloud access

Thanks - just surprised at the degredation in quality - wasn’t expecting it to be quite so poor.

I used Nuvicam before so while quality might be the same or a little worse I still like the small form factor. And hardwiring it is really convenient. I installed DR450 for my wife and it took her 2 days to ask me what is that thing behind the mirror. Hers I run in stealth mode, voice and light are off. I tried that with mine but wifi blue light always stays on which annoys me.
Coming back to quality of footage though I can't complain. It only matters if you need to read license plates and all cameras have to be really close to be able to do that.
I got dashcam after my wife was rear ended in a rental car and the other party tried to lie she abruptly stopped for no reason. Damage was minimal and cop sided with my wife so only problem was the rental agency because its a pain to deal with them in case something like this happens (they will try to bill both parties if they can). My point is if she had dash cam, any dash cam, the worst quality footage would have been enough to shut up the other party and provide proof to insurance company.

Back