Yi Dash Cam python library and web app

Is it possible to completely turn off the sharpness?

Hi Kwirk,

Thanks for making this Python library so that we can play with the dashcam. I am wondering whether it is possible to let the dashcam to connect to a WiFi network and we connect through the network rather than we make direct WiFi connection to the dashcam. For example, what if we have multiple dashcams and want to do some sort of driving analysis...

Hi Kwirk,

I tested your python app on my macbook pro and it works fine on the Yi Gray Dash Cam. However, your python app does not work on the latest Yi Ultra Dash Cam 2.7K. Is it possible to upgrade your app to support the latest Ultra Dash Cam? Here is the attached firmware version of the latest cam.
38406868241_7608a04db1_b.jpg

Hi Kwirk,

Thanks for making this Python library so that we can play with the dashcam. I am wondering whether it is possible to let the dashcam to connect to a WiFi network and we connect through the network rather than we make direct WiFi connection to the dashcam. For example, what if we have multiple dashcams and want to do some sort of driving analysis...
So there are some settings hidden away which implies this could be possible, as camera's with similar chipset are capable of this. However, when trying, I was unable to get it to work: the camera wouldn't go out of WiFi access point mode.

Hi Kwirk,

I tested your python app on my macbook pro and it works fine on the Yi Gray Dash Cam. However, your python app does not work on the latest Yi Ultra Dash Cam 2.7K. Is it possible to upgrade your app to support the latest Ultra Dash Cam? Here is the attached firmware version of the latest cam.
38406868241_7608a04db1_b.jpg
Sorry, I don't have the new dash cam so I've no way to develop or test. If I get one in the future, I'm sure I'd be able to get something working (even if it has to be a separate library).

Can you add possibility to set video length to 15 or 20 minutes?Is it possible?

Back