YI Dashcam APP on computer instead of phone

Camerart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a couple of CCBAAACN Dash Cameras, black, Chinese.
I'm not sure which chip they have or exactly which verion.

Is it possible to run the phone APP on a computer instead? I'm trying to get the camera to stream to the computer without the phone APP running.

Is streaming at 1090P?

Cheers, Camerart.

Your computer will need to have the same type of OS as the phone app requites (Android or IOS). The app may noy be compatible with Win or Mac.

Phil

Hi P,
Thanks for replying.
If I managed to get the correct OS, do you think it would be possible to look into the program, either on the camera or computer, to see how it works, and maybe change things?
C.

Last edited:
It should work but I'm not much of an expert with that. I've been told that a tablet computer with Android will work with a different camera I own and I can see no reason this wouldn't be the same for you.

Phil

Hi P,
I'm no expert either. I'm asking quite a complicated question really. I'm actually looking for a hacker, but I haven't seen any on this forum, that may help, so perhaps, I won't be able to do what I'm trying to.
C.

Hi,
I have a couple of CCBAAACN Dash Cameras, black, Chinese.
I'm not sure which chip they have or exactly which verion.

Is it possible to run the phone APP on a computer instead? I'm trying to get the camera to stream to the computer without the phone APP running.

Is streaming at 1090P?

Cheers, Camerart.
It is possible to stream to your computer. Please take a look at this post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/yi-dash-cam-python-library-and-web-app.21100/

Duplicate, removed.

Last edited:
It is possible to stream to your computer. Please take a look at this post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/yi-dash-cam-python-library-and-web-app.21100/
Hi K,
Thanks for the link and all the work you've done on the APP. (I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to Python) (for some reason, I thought that Java was the language, but this may be the program on the camera?)

I suspect however that my camera version may not be the same as yours, as there is a reference to 4032X3020 resolution, which my camera isn't capable of. The cameras I have don't have a button on the front, are black and only Chinese language. I read that there are two different chips, but it's all a bit vague.

I would be happy to try your APP if you think it may work. What do you think?
C

Hi K,
Thanks for the link and all the work you've done on the APP. (I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to Python) (for some reason, I thought that Java was the language, but this may be the program on the camera?)

I suspect however that my camera version may not be the same as yours, as there is a reference to 4032X3020 resolution, which my camera isn't capable of. The cameras I have don't have a button on the front, are black and only Chinese language. I read that there are two different chips, but it's all a bit vague.

I would be happy to try your APP if you think it may work. What do you think?
C
So I dont have the same camera model to test myself, but I beleive the streaming feature should work at least.

So I dont have the same camera model to test myself, but I beleive the streaming feature should work at least.
Hi K,
I have downloaded the APP and Android (Windows10) Now I've got to figure out how to get them going.
what I'm trying to do is get a longer range from the camera. I have a Wifi dongle with a Yagi antenna, and have been able to get to the camera and donwload videos from it at 1080P (good enough). A 3 minute video section takes 15 minutes, so it can't be continuous, as there would be 12+minutes gap and I would need to skip sections.
If I get it to stream do you think the quality would be less?
C.

Back