• V2

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

KiNG_A7MD

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello

I am going to buy Viofo A119s dashcam, but I found that there are two versions of it.
What are the differences between these vesions ?
What do RECOMMEND regardless of the price ?

you would only find V2 models in the market, the V1 sold out a long time ago

there are two V2 models though, A119 and A119S, pretty much the same cameras but different image sensors, the A119 will give better video during the day, A119S will give better video in low light situations

Hello

I am going to buy Viofo A119s dashcam, but I found that there are two versions of it.
What are the differences between these vesions ?
What do RECOMMEND regardless of the price ?
My understanding is that the v2 has better mounting contacts for GPS module. v1 contacts get dislodged and when it does, your dash cam loses power.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

What are your expectations installing a dash cam?
The Viofo A119S has 29 menu settings to help meet your needs.
What is your most top priority feature required?
What is the least significant feature?
The above may help you to narrow down what is important to you and go from there.
Best of luck with your research and subsequent Viofo dash cam purchase.

Thank you

you would only find V2 models in the market, the V1 sold out a long time ago

there are two V2 models though, A119 and A119S, pretty much the same cameras but different image sensors, the A119 will give better video during the day, A119S will give better video in low light situations

My understanding is that the v2 has better mounting contacts for GPS module. v1 contacts get dislodged and when it does, your dash cam loses power.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

Actually I found this video on YouTube comparing both versions

not much of a difference, but the owner of the video recommend the v2

What are your expectations installing a dash cam?
The Viofo A119S has 29 menu settings to help meet your needs.
What is your most top priority feature required?
What is the least significant feature?
The above may help you to narrow down what is important to you and go from there.
Best of luck with your research and subsequent Viofo dash cam purchase.

I have already decided to purchase the viofo a119s
I'm looking for a dash cam under 100$ that can stand extreme temps in the summer with a high quality footage in daytime and night, and a good parking mode

I think the viofo a119s is the best one in this price range don't you agree ?

Yes, the lens has changed, but the main difference between the V1 and V2 models is the GPS connection design. These cameras are referred to as V1 and V2 because of that change, not the lens change. If you want GPS, you want to go with the V2. You won't find any new V1's anyway, unless you find a used one on eBay.

I have already decided to purchase the viofo a119s
I'm looking for a dash cam under 100$ that can stand extreme temps in the summer with a high quality footage in daytime and night, and a good parking mode

I think the viofo a119s is the best one in this price range don't you agree ?

Glad to hear you bought the A119S V2.
I'll have had my A119S V2 for 3 months as of next Friday and used it every day and not a single problem.
I'm sure you'll be using a micro sd card that withstands high temps as well.
I have 9 settings that are Off or I don't need or use and I'm very happy with that.
The only setting I have adjusted is Time Zone, daylight saving to standard and Exposure -1/3 for summer and +0.0 for winter.
It's excellent value and does everything I want the way I want it.

Yes, the lens has changed, but the main difference between the V1 and V2 models is the GPS connection design. These cameras are referred to as V1 and V2 because of that change, not the lens change. If you want GPS, you want to go with the V2. You won't find any new V1's anyway, unless you find a used one on eBay.

yes, not much of a difference between the lens, and I found only v2 available in amazon

Glad to hear you bought the A119S V2.
I'll have had my A119S V2 for 3 months as of next Friday and used it every day and not a single problem.
I'm sure you'll be using a micro sd card that withstands high temps as well.
I have 9 settings that are Off or I don't need or use and I'm very happy with that.
The only setting I have adjusted is Time Zone, daylight saving to standard and Exposure -1/3 for summer and +0.0 for winter.
It's excellent value and does everything I want the way I want it.

I'm glad to hear that your dashcam works great with no problems.
I've bought the Sandisk high endurance micro sd card. i think they are very good for dashcam use.

I have some questions for you
Did you hard wired your dashcam ?
If so, what is your hard wiring kit ?
Have you encountered any problem with the hard wiring ?

I'm glad to hear that your dashcam works great with no problems.
I've bought the Sandisk high endurance micro sd card. i think they are very good for dashcam use.

I have some questions for you
Did you hard wired your dashcam ?
If so, what is your hard wiring kit ?
Have you encountered any problem with the hard wiring ?

No, mine is a plugin to socket.
I also use Kingston Gold Model SDCG/32GBCR, 32GB Micro SD HC card Class 10 , FAT32,
Performance 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write, 4K Ultra HD, UHS-I Speed, Class 3 (U3),
Designed to withstand extreme high and low temperatures.
I have 2 and rotate them.
It extends the life of the cards and also makes it easy to monitor the A119S.

Last edited:
you would only find V2 models in the market, the V1 sold out a long time ago...

Not the case. As of 12/16 there are still new A119S specifically designated as V1's on Amazon.

I'm trying to figure out whether I want to spend the extra $20 for a V2 right now.

Last edited:
I’d be surprised if anyone was selling new V1 units on Amazon.

I’d be surprised if anyone was selling new V1 units on Amazon.

still an option if not using with GPS but given how many productions have elapsed since the V2 was introduced it would have to be someone that had very old stock to still have V1, I'd be more inclined to think they hadn't updated their listing

V2 is better than V1. The GPS connection of new version is more stable. If the camera is V1, it can be changed to V2 through V2 GPS replacement kit.
AABFjC0J7zzlFIL2jOBvS0dLKEFREwR1ObY

Hm, I just happened to see this topic . . . we have two V1 A119S models - I have been sitting on them ever since purchase earlier in 2017, because a number of things came up. However, I have time to finally install these in our cars and now I'm reading that the GPS modules may have issues with the contacts.

Should I be looking to upgrade these V1 models? I got these originally from SpyTec, btw.

Back