GPS does not display in player:SOLVED

Yep, something in the Preferences settings may be the culprit. Can you send me a screenshot of your Prefs window? BTW, I can see DV is able to read your GPS data by the Vmax=32mph in the bottom-right side of the window.
Here is a screen shot of prefs
prefs.jpg

UPDATE: Problem Solved?? For the hell of it, I checked the box "Always Auto-Fix Time Offset" Now everything seems cool. I have my offset it the camera set to where it displays the correct time for my timezone here in LA, although recently we went off daylight savings time, and I had to adjust the offset in the camera by one. So I'm guessing that this somehow confused the software? Hhmmmm....I'll keep testing, but for now this seems to be the fix :) Second Update: Yup...that was it. Thank you all for helping me trouble shoot this! :)
CRS

Last edited:
UPDATE: Problem Solved?? For the hell of it, I checked the box "Always Auto-Fix Time Offset" Now everything seems cool. I have my offset it the camera set to where it displays the correct time for my timezone here in LA, although recently we went off daylight savings time, and I had to adjust the offset in the camera by one. So I'm guessing that this somehow confused the software? Hhmmmm....I'll keep testing, but for now this seems to be the fix :) Second Update: Yup...that was it. Thank you all for helping me trouble shoot this! :)
CRS

Glad you found the problem, CRS!

Yes, this setting has caused me grief, not to mention it's the source of many "hey, this software doesn't work" complaints. For normal dashcam use the "Always Auto-Fix Time Offset" setting should always be checked. It should only be unchecked in cases where the GPS data was collected separately from the movie. For example, if you use a GoPro for video and a separate GPS logger for navigation data. In that case you need to manually sync them up, so you don't want DV to attempt to auto-sync the time offset. Separate sources for video and GPS are common in the Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) community, where DV can also be used. :)

John
http://dashcamviewer.com

Yes, this setting has caused me grief, not to mention it's the source of many "hey, this software doesn't work" complaints. For normal dashcam use the "Always Auto-Fix Time Offset" setting should always be checked. It should only be unchecked in cases where the GPS data was collected separately from the movie. For example, if you use a GoPro for video and a separate GPS logger for navigation data. In that case you need to manually sync them up, so you don't want DV to attempt to auto-sync the time offset. Separate sources for video and GPS are common in the Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) community, where DV can also be used. :)

John
Maybe you can rename the setting for clarity: "GPS data embedded in files" and then flip the way that variable works in the backend.

John

perhaps this option should be renamed (I'll assume the default is checked), had no idea that was the intended function, by the name I would have guessed it had something to do with timezone offsets

might have been better if the option was named something like Manually sync GPS and video data with a default state of off

Or maybe a pop up box that say what DV will do when you toggle it on and off, so for instance when on the box would read " this setting are for use with separate GPS logger" and OFF would be default to dash and action cameras with build in GPS logger.

Last edited:
Back