Carcam Corder FHD 1080P

vapour36hertz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone can help here with this cam - I have tried searching for threads about this particular model on this site but can not seem to find anything about it.

This is a cheap generic cam purchased off Ebay for about £12 a while ago - they are selling these things everywhere here in the UK even at supermarket petrol stations - Cheap as hell and comes with terrible Chinese to English translated instructions BUT it does the job. Quality is not amazing and certainly NOT anywhere close to 1080P but the recordings and audio are more than clear enough and night vision works ok for me

2394766-car-cam-corder-fhd1080p-0.jpg

All being said I have a minor problem that I have been trying to find a solution for all over the net BUT the internet is flooded with adverts selling these devices BUT nothing in the way of help about them is possible to be found lol

The unit records and also saves (Locks) recordings when I push the lock button but when I connect the unit to my PC to playback files I get errors on SOME but not all of the files when attempting to playback using any media player -

"Unidentified codec: VLC could not identify the audio or video codec"

I use VLC media player but have also tested in Windows media player - I have also made sure both players are up to date with the latest version

It is weird because some of the files play fine with no issue so it is only on a random selection of the files that this is happening

I have tried to look at the possibility of updating the Cam firmware but can not find anything to help

Tried multiple settings on the Cam including switching the recording mode to 720p from 1080p but this has not helped

Does anyone have any ideas

Sorry if i have posted in the wrong forum

First of all, welcome to DCT @vapour36hertz!

Hi Guys

The unit records and also saves (Locks) recordings when I push the lock button but when I connect the unit to my PC to playback files I get errors on SOME but not all of the files when attempting to playback using any media player -
That is most likely the problem. Dashcam card readers are not suited to playback files directly from the card, you should buy an USB card reader to read the files from there or transfer them to your computer and read them from the HDD.

problem is, these are a mass produced unit, cloned by lots of different manufacturers, finding a good one is rare, which is why they're so cheap

unfortunately you get what you pay for. My experience with very cheap dashcams (no matter who the retailer is) is that when you need the critical file of an incident, these cams can't be trusted

I was using a similar one when I witnessed a cyclist hit by a car, the cam had several missing files, this one included

Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone can help here with this cam - I have tried searching for threads about this particular model on this site but can not seem to find anything about it.

This is a cheap generic cam purchased off Ebay for about £12 a while ago - they are selling these things everywhere here in the UK even at supermarket petrol stations - Cheap as hell and comes with terrible Chinese to English translated instructions BUT it does the job. Quality is not amazing and certainly NOT anywhere close to 1080P but the recordings and audio are more than clear enough and night vision works ok for me

2394766-car-cam-corder-fhd1080p-0.jpg

All being said I have a minor problem that I have been trying to find a solution for all over the net BUT the internet is flooded with adverts selling these devices BUT nothing in the way of help about them is possible to be found lol

"Unidentified codec: VLC could not identify the audio or video codec"

I use VLC media player but have also tested in Windows media player - I have also made sure both players are up to date with the latest version

It is weird because some of the files play fine with no issue so it is only on a random selection of the files that this is happening

I have tried to look at the possibility of updating the Cam firmware but can not find anything to help

Tried multiple settings on the Cam including switching the recording mode to 720p from 1080p but this has not helped

Does anyone have any ideas

Sorry if i have posted in the wrong forum
I downloaded freemake converter then converted to mp4 no problem.

Back