Blackvue DR900S 4K Dashcam announced at SEMA

Vortex Radar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, I visited the Blackvue booth again this year at SEMA and they have a new camera that they're going to be releasing early next year called the DR900S and the big news is that it shoots in 4K. To keep file sizes reasonable, they're also giving us the option of using not only H.264, but also H.265. Here's my video interview with Blackvue at the show so you can check it out and learn more.

Exact pricing and release date for the DR900S hasn't been set yet.

Blackvue also gave me the okay to post up some of the 4K sample footage from the camera and share it with you guys. I'll post that up soon. :)

DR900S on display.jpg
DR900S closeup.jpg

So a quick note regarding the sample footage. Blackvue sent me some from the DR900S and gave me permission to share it, so long as I make it clear that this footage is not necessarily representative of final, production dashcam footage. It's from a test unit, without any ISP (image signal processor) tuning, compressed with H.264 at 10 Mbit.

Here's a clip zooming into a license plate at a distance. Very impressive.

and here's the full clip driving around town:

and here's two more clips from the camera as well.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
It could be really good to capture details of things that are farther away from the camera, but the file sizes must be huge.

I think the lens is ****ty, so 4K is just as bad as 1080p.
Nightime will suck worse.

Looks pretty good to me. If price is good, I'd get it.

Back