Disassembling the GitUp F1 factory sample

I think it will do fine as a action camera that is, prolonged use on a windecreen in a hot summer is a whole other ballgame.
Just look at the guy that melted a SJ 7 star, i have not heard of that happening in regular use as a action camera.
Hopefully the F1 uses high temperature plastics unlike the SJ7!

I'm hopeful it will be OK in normal climates, but this time of year we will need some Australian testers to find out how well it does as a hot dashcam...

I'm hopeful it will be OK in normal climates, but this time of year we will need some Australian testers to find out how well it does as a hot dashcam...

still only spring here and a mild 31°c here today, I expect we're in for a hot summer this year

Just dont burn it all, will prefer if there are some left when i relocate ( see i still have high hopes for that lotto win )

My little friend leave for AU in 14 days or so, she got spunk i am sure she can handle a firehose.

I'm not sure to localize the microphone on the PCB, any idea?
I'd like to wrap it because the sound is a little too loud for a motorcycle use (air noise)
However the sound is decent

I'm not sure to localize the microphone on the PCB, any idea?
I'd like to wrap it because the sound is a little too loud for a motorcycle use (air noise)
However the sound is decent
Maybe put a piece of tape over the MIC hole?

That is the question though. Where is the hole?
There is no hole!

I think the microphone is on the right side of the mini USB connector,

The camera is small enough that you could get a big fluffy microphone wind shield and put it over the whole camera, leaving the lens sticking out!

Thanks Nigel I think you are right for the location
Well I am good to open it and put something on it like harsh said, because a big fluffy covering the camera will cause problem for fixing and usb

I opened the camera and I didn't pay attention to the black cable connected to the case, which got ripped off :cry:
What was this cable for?

antenna o_O
we can call with the F1? or GPS features?:love:

Antenna for the wifi

Aaaah it's for the wifi :(
I ll see if i can replace it (n)

Looking at Mtz photos, it looks like you have probably just unplugged it, it should plug back in, although those plugs are not easy to connect.
The actual antenna is at the end of the cable, stuck to the case.

As long as the antenna wire are connected to the board you should be good. some times there are something extra at the other end of the cable. but at least for a short range connection you should still be good to go.

The cable is still connected to the board, it's on the other side that it is broken (connected to a kind of tape through a weld))
@kamkar1, I ll try thank you(y)

It is quite normal to have the little antenna wire end in some form of Antenna that's normally some foil like tape, but as long as the little wire are connected you should still have a chance of connecting to the F1 and do settings and control it at least up close.
I have not tried to test to what degree antenna amputation change wifi range, but no doubt it do affect it to some degree, but most of us are right up against the cmaeras when we use our phone to do something with the camera.

I am not sure if you can solder the antenna foil to the wire again, that i have also not tried.

You can buy new antennas if needed, make sure you have the correct plug on the end. Alternatively you could either solder a short piece of unshielded wire to the end to work as an antenna (should make it the right length for 2.4GHz), or strip some of the shielding off your existing wire.
I have not tried to test to what degree antenna amputation change wifi range, but no doubt it do affect it to some degree, but most of us are right up against the cmaeras when we use our phone to do something with the camera.
A good antenna can make a big difference if you want to connect from a long distance but I think the F1 has reasonable transmitting power anyway, I managed to connect and view live video from 20m beneath the F1.

I tried with the smartphone and camera near each other and if the settings are available, the image jerk
moreover the connection is lost after a few minutes.
There is a loss of about 30dB between very close and 50cm

However for having quickly tested this feature before I think it wasn't very stable either, but certainly more than that

I'll see if I can find a replacement antenna, or maybe sold a unshielded wire like Nigel suggested (y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Michelin Man F1 1
Z F1 13
TonyM F1 17
TonyM F1 113
TonyM F1 0
Back