Can I swap the 650S to a 750S using the same connection from the 650S?

vbx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Basically, I don't want to remove and re-wire every thing all over again. Would like to know if it's plug and play using the same connectors, mounts etc etc off the 650S.

Also, is it worth the upgrade?

From reading others reports.. yes to the wiring and no to the mount. The 650 series mount evidently will not work on the 750.
As to is it worth upgrading.. you get some features / buttons that have the same functions of the original 650 (from what I understand by reading other reports) But you also get a lot of headaches with bugs that have not yet been resolved.. And already there is talk of a "next" generation / model.

Seems (to me) the Blackvue business model has morphed into "build something".. sell it to the public to see how it works.. bugs and all.. Then abandon it (and support) with a new model.. and repeat..

Guess I'll wait for the 5902ch.

edit. The 590 doesn't have a built in GPS. WTH Just more ugly wires to hide. Not sure what Blackvue was smoking when they decided on that move.

Seems (to me) the Blackvue business model has morphed into "build something".. sell it to the public to see how it works.. bugs and all.. Then abandon it (and support) with a new model.. and repeat..

plenty of manufacturers follow this same method

From reading others reports.. yes to the wiring and no to the mount. The 650 series mount evidently will not work on the 750.
As to is it worth upgrading.. you get some features / buttons that have the same functions of the original 650 (from what I understand by reading other reports) But you also get a lot of headaches with bugs that have not yet been resolved.. And already there is talk of a "next" generation / model.

What are you hearing about the next generation?

That it is more expensive.... There are some details in the Blackvue forum.

Basically, I don't want to remove and re-wire every thing all over again. Would like to know if it's plug and play using the same connectors, mounts etc etc off the 650S.

Also, is it worth the upgrade?

I recently upgraded from a DR650GW-2CH to a DR750S-2CH and asked BlackVue in advance this same question. They told me that the cables were interchangeable but the mounts were not - THAT WAS NOT TRUE.

The front mount was indeed different and has to be removed and replaced with the new one. However, after spending an inordinate amount of time very carefully removing the rear mount from a tinted window (so I did not damage the tinting) I discovered after the fact that the rear mount was identical.

Cannot speak specifically to your model, but I would suspect the cables are the same and the mounts may or may not be and I'd check them out first before going through the contortions I went through only to find that it was not necessary.

I recently upgraded from a DR650GW-2CH to a DR750S-2CH and asked BlackVue in advance this same question. They told me that the cables were interchangeable but the mounts were not - THAT WAS NOT TRUE.

The front mount was indeed different and has to be removed and replaced with the new one. However, after spending an inordinate amount of time very carefully removing the rear mount from a tinted window (so I did not damage the tinting) I discovered after the fact that the rear mount was identical.

Cannot speak specifically to your model, but I would suspect the cables are the same and the mounts may or may not be and I'd check them out first before going through the contortions I went through only to find that it was not necessary.

Thanks! The front mount is easier to swap. I have tinted rear and don't want to mess with it. But my car lease is about to be over and I'm not sure if I want to buy it out to get a new car. If I do get a new car, I'll just try my best to remove all the dashcam related stuff.

Back