Again... Black boxes with x's

Rayny2e

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119S,Version 2
I'm really getting tired of fighting with this Camera :( It's the A119S Version 2 and i'm guessing i've had it 6~9 months now? I'd have to check further to be sure. I am using the Genuine Transcend 64gb memory card which i've posted pictures before on here. I have also tried different Firmwares to eliminate this problem. The camera is Hard Wired and it may go great for a month or so,then for no reason, I look up at the camera and it's just stuck ON.. I can't access the menu or do anything. I Just now had to reload a Firmware I had on my computer desktop to get it going again. I Think i used version 1.72?? not sure at the moment.. What is the latest info on this Black X boxes? What is the latest OR recommended firmware and a link would be appreciated, Thx.. My Picture file is to large to upload. I took a picture of the black X boxes with my Samsung Galaxy s6 Phone..

I experienced this once only so far. I contacted the seller and he said just reload v2.1 firmware. I've only had my A119S v2 for about 2 months.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

What is the latest info on this Black X boxes? What is the latest OR recommended firmware and a link would be appreciated, Thx..
Latest Viofo firmware V2.1 here: http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000047224-viofo-a119s-car-dash-camera-firmware. I personally think the problem can occur with any firmware version up to now. Various posts about this problem scattered around. I've linked posts about my X-Box problem together in this post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-a119s-stopped-working.28058/page-4#post-367258. That coincidently links to some of the recent threads by others discussing this issue. Hope @jokiin is right, maybe Viofo found a solution.

Last edited:
I do hope it's been fixed- this seems to be the only major unresolved issue with this cam now. At this price level a cam should be completely reliable even if it suffers other faults ;) This is a tough market to be in today, and I appreciate Viofo's continuing efforts with improvements with this cam :cool:

Phil

Latest Viofo firmware V2.1 here: http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000047224-viofo-a119s-car-dash-camera-firmware. I personally think the problem can occur with any firmware version up to now. Various posts about this problem scattered around. I've linked posts about my X-Box problem together in this post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-a119s-stopped-working.28058/page-4#post-367258. That coincidently links to some of the recent threads by others discussing this issue. Hope @jokiin is right, maybe Viofo found a solution.
Thanks for the Link,i'll try this version now..

I've been having this issue repeatedly with my V1 camera for the last 9 months. Reloading the firmware corrects it, but it sure is annoying. I purchased two A119S, and only one is exhibiting this behavior. The one exhibiting the behavior has GPS, and the one working perfectly does not.

I'm currently testing the GPS unit to see if having the GPS turned on is the culprit. For my first test, I have left the GPS mount on, but turned off GPS in the settings. So far, it's been about a month and it's been working perfectly. If I do get Red XXXX's again, I'll then test it by completely removing the GPS mount to see if that eliminates the problem.

Not ideal, but I want a reliable unit over having GPS functionality.

I've been having this issue repeatedly with my V1 camera for the last 9 months. Reloading the firmware corrects it, but it sure is annoying. I purchased two A119S, and only one is exhibiting this behavior. The one exhibiting the behavior has GPS, and the one working perfectly does not.

I'm currently testing the GPS unit to see if having the GPS turned on is the culprit. For my first test, I have left the GPS mount on, but turned off GPS in the settings. So far, it's been about a month and it's been working perfectly. If I do get Red XXXX's again, I'll then test it by completely removing the GPS mount to see if that eliminates the problem.

firmware for A119 just released http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000019600-viofo-a119-car-dash-camera-firmware

I would think the A119S version should be available soon also

For what it’s worth,my camera is hard wired and goes through the gps module. I have gps turned off always ever since that option was added to the firmware,but I still get those xxx at times.

Problem is unrelated to how it is wired
I meant to point out I was not enabling gps in the menu,even though it was powered through the module. Previous poster was experimenting with this in some way. Hoping for the new firmware soon.

For what it’s worth,my camera is hard wired and goes through the gps module. I have gps turned off always ever since that option was added to the firmware,but I still get those xxx at times.

Thanks for that - rules that out then I guess. If/when I get the XXXXs again, I'll remove the GPS mount entirely, as my other 119S without the GPS module has never had an issue (assuming a new firmware doesn't fix it).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I A119S 2
USAFSSK A119S 11
Rayny2e A119S 9
cess A119S 19
Back