Boot up time

adalex

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC
This is more of a request but i was wondering if there's anyway to increase the load time? I think on the sg9665gc its like 7 seconds from power to recording but with the 3dc im counting 14-15 seconds. I realize its initializing the other camera but i end up having to wait to move the car before is starts recording.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

One should be damn unlucky to get in a crash right off ones driveway, but it could happen off course.
Personally i would not worry too much about this.

Some times leaving my friends house i have been close getting creamed by red light runners, but this are 1 - 2 minutes into my drive home.

This is more of a request but i was wondering if there's anyway to increase the load time? I think on the sg9665gc its like 7 seconds from power to recording but with the 3dc im counting 14-15 seconds. I realize its initializing the other camera but i end up having to wait to move the car before is starts recording.

not really, needs to negotiate the rear camera signal, charge the capacitors sufficiently to have enough power to close both files and perform a clean shutdown before recording is started, it does take time

but i end up having to wait to move the car before is starts recording.
thats a good thing for your car, give it a little bit of time to warm up and get oil circulating. i have always done this my entire life, give it a minute to warm up before going.

Warm up? In Australia? Wow...

Warm up? In Australia? Wow...

Hehe yeah by that approach a Aussie transplanted to up here would never go anywhere this time of the year :D

On a morning like yesterday ( -2 degree C ) if i was to crank my car and wait for it to get warm and lets say defrost the ice on the windscreen, then i would have to sit waiting in a cold car for 15 - 20 minutes or so.
And that would be agony for me.
So what i do is pour a liter of warm water over my windscreen to take care of the ice outside ( cant scrape it off as that have already ruined my windscreen enough ) this i do while the car are idling with blower on full tilt on the windscreen and both hemoid grills ( seat heater ) on and rear window heater on.
I then get in the car wait a little and then clean the inside of the windscreen with a old T shirt, and then after 5 minutes i am good to go.

BUT ! that's just these cold days, on any other day i just get in the car, start it and drive off, only paused some days if i need to install a camera or two first before i crank the engine.

And that old story with diesel engines and having to idle it a little before shutting it down, well i never bothered with that when i drove turbo diesel cars.

As it is now with single channel cameras i am recording on all four sides before i exit the back yard, this might change when i get a dual channel setup ( i cant remember how the test 0906 performed in this regard )

My damn PTZ camera sneak out of focus some days, annoy the living hell out of me but i am in no financial place to do something about it.

But this is getting underway yesterday real-time.

Whatever the temps, I give the car a visual check as I approach, get in, start the engine while watching the gauges for at least 5 seconds while I fasten the seatbelt, switching on the secondary cameras, check the mirrors, check the cams for function, then I can drive off if the windshield is clear. Maybe 15 seconds total from the time I'm touching the door handle and it's become an automatic routine :cool: When you park, the engine and transmission oils drain off the moving parts. Giving them several seconds to pump those lubricants back in place without being under a load will significantly reduce engine/transmission wear. This is more important than ever with today's thin engine oils, some of which have a zero viscosity rating when cold ;)

Time efficiency is as much the order which things are done as anything else. Skipping any important step to gain a few moments is always false economy in the long term :rolleyes:

Phil

My natural insulation on the top are thinning out, so i have to compensate in some way.
Also most people here dont wear hats, so fit nice with my need to be different.

But this leather "lid" do get mighty warm in the good half of the year, but have not gotten around to get a felt version i assume are not as warm.

My damn PTZ camera sneak out of focus some days, annoy the living hell out of me but i am in no financial place to do something about it.

But this is getting underway yesterday real-time.
you need a carport or garage or something. i havent seen a car blow steam since i was in adelaide last, never gets cold enough up the far north where i am.

We do have a row of garages in the back of the yard just out of view in my footage above, but they are not heated and most important for me they cost too much to rent.

I am not up to date on the current price for renting a garage but they like my rent have been going up every year since i moved here, but the rent / Md are at least 110 AUD

My natural insulation on the top are thinning out, so i have to compensate in some way.
Also most people here dont wear hats, so fit nice with my need to be different.

But this leather "lid" do get mighty warm in the good half of the year, but have not gotten around to get a felt version i assume are not as warm.
I have worn a “Gus” for years and feel naked without one. Hats are like an attitude; some good and some bad :)

My hat are just a cheap one, i would like a proper one in felt, but such a lid are not cheap, price easy get into dual channel dashcam territory.
Plus such hats you cant really get here, so i would have to chance a internet buy for something you really should try on before you buy.

My hat are just a cheap one, i would like a proper one in felt, but such a lid are not cheap, price easy get into dual channel dashcam territory.
Plus such hats you cant really get here, so i would have to chance a internet buy for something you really should try on before you buy.
I would not make that purchase online either.

Long boot time is just that much more reason to hook up the camera for parking mode. Then there's no delay. Hard wire kit can't get here soon enough!

Long boot time is just that much more reason to hook up the camera for parking mode. Then there's no delay. Hard wire kit can't get here soon enough!

While your waiting connect it to a power bank

Timed mine today from key on to recording. 8 seconds. Tested this 3 times making sure to wait long enough for the capacitor to drain. All were 8 seconds. This was in a garage at about 14C. I wonder if temp will make a difference.

Back