In a split of hair

And that's why I maintain that driving without headlights in a well lit street is safer.

To tell about something that was very close we Danes have a metaphor that goes like this.

It was closer than a female pubic hair that's split lengthwise and then hammered flat.

Just dont ask me why it have to be a pubic hair and why it have to be female, as far as i know all hairs on the human body and male/female are more or less same size.
In the Danish version the word used for female pubic hair are also a less flattering one, more in line with that feline name sometimes used to name that part of a woman.

My dad's favorite version of such a small unit of measurement also has to do with hair from that area of the female body (though it uses the much less "pleasant" nickname for that part), but it's red and she's a pygmy.

Someone apparently added the"CH" unit to a measuring tape, but it wasn't abbreviated... I won't post the pic here but I'm sure you can't find it in a Google image search...

To tell about something that was very close we Danes have a metaphor that goes like this.

It was closer than a female pubic hair that's split lengthwise and then hammered flat.
In the UK our terminology is a 'midges dick'

And that's why I maintain that driving without headlights in a well lit street is safer.
I'm not sure how that would have helped the pedestrian in the road. You saw him, right? I only caught him on the 2nd view. :eek:

I'm not sure how that would have helped the pedestrian in the road. You saw him, right? I only caught him on the 2nd view. :eek:
You only saw him on your 2nd viewing because you were dazzled by the headlights of the car coming in the opposite direction.

You only saw him on your 2nd viewing because you were dazzled by the headlights of the car coming in the opposite direction.
Yes, but we only saw him at all because he was lit by the headlights. The only nearby street lamp was right above him, but he was in the shadow of the tree branches that were inbetween!

What a brilliant spot to cross the road diagonally, with your back to the traffic about to run into you! He was completely oblivious, despite the headlights. Darwin must be feeling cheated right now.

Yes, but we only saw him at all because he was lit by the headlights. The only nearby street lamp was right above him, but he was in the shadow of the tree branches that were inbetween!

What a brilliant spot to cross the road diagonally, with your back to the traffic about to run into you! He was completely oblivious, despite the headlights. Darwin must be feeling cheated right now.

Until you try it you'll never understand how much more you can see if everybody was to just use sidelights.

Until you try it you'll never understand how much more you can see if everybody was to just use sidelights.
My night vision sucks. Do you really think I should try it?

@Rajagra
Take a bilberry and Lutien vitamin supplement to improve night your vision. It works slowly but after a couple months you'll see at night like you did 10-20 years ago. Everyone I know who has done this got those kinds of results unless there was something else wrong with their eyes. All natural and AFAIK no side-effects of any kind :D

Phil

@Rajagra
Take a bilberry and Lutien vitamin supplement to improve night your vision. It works slowly but after a couple months you'll see at night like you did 10-20 years ago. Everyone I know who has done this got those kinds of results unless there was something else wrong with their eyes. All natural and AFAIK no side-effects of any kind :D

Phil
Might try it. Work has recently sent me down unlit motorways at night. Do ... not ... like.

Back