SG9665GC...couple of questions

It looks like you're facing directly into the sun which is bad for any type of video capture, especially if the sun is actually hitting the lens. How do things look under different conditions and with the CPL?
I really haven't tried it (I literally installed it last night, the CPL). I will have more time to test this weekend. To be honest, this is like the first day of really good sunshine (and hotter temps) since I first installed it a few days ago.

Thanks! Should I try to mount the CPL the other way up first? Would it make a difference? .

you can try that, you may find the bit of vignetting ends up on the bottom right where it is hidden by the dashboard colour

also make sure it's pushed home fully onto the lens, will get some vignetting if not and can also impact focus if the the filter is not square to the lens

So with a some more tweaking yesterday, I managed to seat the CPL a little better. There was a small piece of debris that was not allowing it to be fully inserted. I still feel the focus is still really soft and a little over exposed (haven't touched the Ev settings) Here is a sample of the dashcam video, and if someone can have a quick look, it will much appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5fl5SF_SezIVDhpUFU0M2dBY2s&export=download

and a little over exposed (haven't touched the EV settings)

The next firmware changes the AE (Auto Exposure) table for more pleasing exposure options. We are finalizing internal testing, and public beta should be available soon. Here's an example of the test results so far. (SGGCCPL - CPL is off here, so that's why there are reflections showing)

01 SG9665GC_V1_1.jpg 02 SG9665GC_V2_1.jpg

Why not? My SG runs from July 2015 constantly in motion detection mode. Yes, this mode is not very good, but I set the maximum sensitivity and a 3-minute motion timeout. In the afternoon move - no problems, and at night - almost without stopping recording.

@LookinGooder I'm just wondering, are you still running your SG like this? Does the camera still work reliably when constantly in motion detection mode?

@LookinGooder I'm just wondering, are you still running your SG like this? Does the camera still work reliably when constantly in motion detection mode?
Yes, I use it in this mode. And the device works fine for me (look screenshot).
Just need to consider that in one day it can eat all the battery power of the car.
vlcsnap-4411-03-09-17h39m08s474.jpg

Yes, I use it in this mode. And the device works fine for me (look screenshot).
Just need to consider that in one day it can eat all the battery power of the car.
just like leaving your headlights on hey. how correct you are, batteries drain of power when not being charged when theres a load on them. the older the battery the shorter it will stay charged.

Back