Bad video quality, under certain circumstances *video*

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi!

Is there anything I could about this? I Think the quality should be better for a "top end brand" like Blackvue, and the 750s beeing the most expensive.

Isn't it odd that is good sometime, and not so good at other times?
For some reason it appears to have problems with trees.
If you watch the beginning of the video, it's really "corny".
Anyone have any idea why its like this, and if its possible to do anything about it?

Maybe it's the light? Just a thought. Have you tried changing the exposure to +1EV?

Maybe it's the light? Just a thought. Have you tried changing the exposure to +1EV?

I have tried tweeking with the lens, but it didnt help really. Maybe a Little bit.

Did change the fps from 60 to 30 fps. But have not changed the exposure.

Have had the same problem without any sun. Its those trees!! :)

Is it the same after a visit to a Systembolaget? LOL... :)

Going from 60 to 30fps will really cut down on the camera's ability to see things moving quickly. So for example if a car were to side swipe you at high speed - you might easily miss being able to catch the license plate number.
But you are right - the camera should be able to do much better for what it costs. Presuming your truck's cabin was warmed up already, the CMOS should be able to capture clear video. If the video was captured while the camera was still icy cold, that poor quality might be reasonable. Otherwise it's not working properly. If that's the case, I'd take it back quick, while it's still in warranty.

Back