Thinking about getting the SG9663DC

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
Hello so I am thinking about getting it, however, I would like to see what you guys think of it? The current cams I would be replacing it with are the G1WH and the Mobius. Would you say the video quality would be the same if not better if I got the SG9663DC? Also, any issues are known to it yet since its new? (Also does it cause interference with the radio?)

Thanks

DC should shape up to be Street Guardian's best video quality yet and additional IQ (image quality) enhancements will be coming via firmware updates. Hardware specs are more capable than previous products

No known issues at this time, all my pre-order customers are quite pleased so far. (got quite a bit of good private feedback last few days)

There should be no radio interference, these are RF chamber tested to specifically confirm there is no EMI. (plus Ferrite Choke on power cord)

I love mine!
The only issue is a slight overexposure which is noticeable on white cars/buildings, but that will be sorted with a firmware update. This is my third SG dash cam and I don't think i'll ever consider another.

I love mine!
The only issue is a slight overexposure which is noticeable on white cars/buildings, but that will be sorted with a firmware update.

if you (or anyone else for that matter) has any sample footage that shows things like this it's helpful for us for analysis, firmware improvements are an ongoing thing so the more material/detail we can collect the better

I am also in the market for a dual channel camera. Thinkware is one I am thinking of buying. I have heard about great quality and support for the street guardian cameras. Would this dual channel support parking mode? Also, is this available in the US?

Last edited:
Would one be able to use something like the Cellink Battery with the hardwire kit or will there be a similar product.

it's a 3 wire connection, the Cellink B is I think designed more for cameras like the Blackvue that just use a two wire connection and rely on sensors to decide if the car is moving or parked

it's a 3 wire connection, the Cellink B is I think designed more for cameras like the Blackvue that just use a two wire connection and rely on sensors to decide if the car is moving or parked

Thanks, are there any battery packs similar to Cellink B which would be compatible with Street Guardian camera for parking mode?

I like the concept of those battery pack for parking power, but i do not like the prices on them, knowing what good 18650 batteries cost i can not compute the price tags they have, and i dont think the case or the charge electronics cost that much.

Reactions: Mtz
I like the concept of those battery pack for parking power, but i do not like the prices on them, knowing what good 18650 batteries cost i can not compute the price tags they have, and i dont think the case or the charge electronics cost that much.

It's all about the market demand and an uneducated buying public who do not know how deeply they're being gouged :( But as long as people are happy with the prices and the products then they can be a good thing ;)

At the OP all I can say is "too new to know yet" but adding that if anyone will make it all work well, then SG are who will do that (y) As to RFI, that is as much the car as the cam and nobody can make a cam which guarantees no RFI in every car; not even most cars. SG has done better than most so far :cool: If you're excessively worried about these things then maybe wait a month or two to see what happens. The vids I've seen are very good, equal to or better than Mobius and much better than the G1w-H. Of all the current 2ch cams this one seems the best overall to me right now but that is just my non-owner's opinion so take that for what it's worth :rolleyes:

Phil

It's all about the market demand and an uneducated buying public who do not know how deeply they're being gouged
you remind me of our ol' mates blackspew here, advertise things all pretty everywhere yet give you crap with no support at a huge price not worth it. just like in australia telstra aim their over priced broadband at families who dont know much better.

When can we expect the hardwire kit for parking mode? I have been postponing buying of my dashcam for a bit hoping to get the camera and hardwire kit to get it professionally installed. I was looking into the Cellink-B which has an option of a unspliced 3-wire kit (B+, ACC, Ground) would that be compatible with propose hardwaire kit for parking mode?

....There should be no radio interference, these are RF chamber tested to specifically confirm there is no EMI. (plus Ferrite Choke on power cord)
I've not noticed any interference with mine - checked AM, FM and satellite (Sirius/XM) bands. AM and FM have so far been limited to checking just a few frequencies versus the entire spectrum. I am not using the supplied power cord but powering directly from a 2.1A USB outlet in the vehicle.

Rear camera is not mounted directly on the glass but rather on the rigid plastic molding around it. I'm not sure if the wiring on the rear glass is heater only or heater and antenna. Since there are antenna wires on the rear quarter panel windows it's possible the rear window wires are heat only.

When can we expect the hardwire kit for parking mode? I have been postponing buying of my dashcam for a bit hoping to get the camera and hardwire kit to get it professionally installed. I was looking into the Cellink-B which has an option of a unspliced 3-wire kit (B+, ACC, Ground) would that be compatible with propose hardwaire kit for parking mode?

not familiar with the Cellink setup but if it mimics the same setup as the car with an accessory switched circuit along with a permanent feed then it 'should' work with the hardwiring kit, wouldn't know for sure without testing it though

blackboxmycar offers a modified one with 3 wire splice. Thinkware and a few other cams require 3 wire connection too so they offer this for option. Thats how I run my thinkware cam off of it, since that requires a batt/acc/ground connection too.

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/colle...roducts/cellink-battery-b?variant=37742368775

@jokiin Any updates on the hardwire kit I know it is supposed to be released in Q1 hoping it would be close to earlier part of the quarter :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D SG9663DC & SG9663DCPRO 13
Back