Racing Lamborghini Totaled

Well I do try to remain within the speed limit and I usually can :) But I go for safety first then legality and if I get a ticket for something I did legally wrong then so be it :cool:Now some humor-

A fellow gets pulled over for speeding and he was just one of many doing that. As the Cop was writing the ticket, the fellow asked why he got pulled instead of someone else. The Cop asked "Do you ever go fishing?"? The driver says "Sure, all the time." The Cop says "Me too" then asks "Did you ever catch every fish in the lake?" The driver says "Of course not." The Cop hands him the ticket and says "Me either." :p

Phil
:D

Your interpretation of weaving is different to mine.
Very likely. I'm referring to people who are constantly lane changing, cutting into the safety gaps between vehicles as if they were provided as their personal passing places.

Thats one of my triggers, and i assume also the trigger of so many other Danes and this is why people drive so close now.

then why do they need to bring in new laws to stop it???

Because common sense isn't as common as it should be. Neither is being considerate.

Yeah there used to be things called "common decency" and "common courtesy". Both seem to have gone the same place as "common sense".

Speaking of common courtesy, there an interesting phenomenon I've noticed over the years. Living in a relatively small community of very small towns surrounding a small urbanized "city" along a major Interstate highway it's a very common practice that when a car wants to enter a line of vehicles stopped in traffic, locals tend to let them in which always leads to an appreciative wave and a smile. People realize that letting someone into the flow of traffic isn't going to get you to your destination any slower and in fact may actually speed things up. But this is an area that attracts a lot of out-of-state tourists, skiers, leaf peepers and the like hailing from larger population centers and they are inevitably the ones who act like aggressive, inconsiderate, dangerous jerks in their driving habits. The thing of it is that when some of these people spend enough time here or visit regularly, they eventually pick up on the vibe and get the message. Common courtesy can be contagious.

Last edited:
Speaking of common courtesy, there an interesting phenomenon I've noticed over the years. Living in a relatively small community of very small towns surrounding a small urbanized "city" along a major Interstate highway it's a very common practice that when a car wants to enter a line of vehicles stopped in traffic, locals tend to let them in which always leads to an appreciative wave and a smile. People realize that letting someone into the flow of traffic isn't going to get you to your destination any slower and in fact may actually speed things up. But this is an area that attracts a lot of out-of-state tourists, skiers, leaf peepers and the like hailing from larger population centers and they are inevitably the ones who act like aggressive, inconsiderate, dangerous jerks in their driving habits. The thing of it is that when some of these people spend enough time here or visit regularly, they eventually pick up on the vibe and get the message. Common courtesy can be contagious.

That's good practice. In Vancouver there are some main roads that's literally bumper to bumper traffic. If a vehicle is trying to join in from side road, drivers usually leaves a gap for them to merge in. Most times. Not always. Delay is negligible.

Letting people in joining from the side are no problem in traffic, we all should do that as in places its pretty much the only way you can join traffic on some roads some times of the day. ( not Russians as other people udertake over there and we all seen how that end up )

Problem here are, and i kid you not, some people will stop on a major road in zero traffic to let a car on the side road out.
Granted its not often you see that, but after moving to this town i have seen it 2 - 3 times, and that is totally insane as people could just drive and the car on the side road could join after we 2-3 cars have passed as there are no traffic.

I always thumbs up people having the right attitude in traffic, just as i yell my head off at the idiots that dont.
Actually Friday evening i thought i was heading for a fight with one guy i flashed with my flashlight as he was blinding me with his damn fog lights, but he decided against it.

Last edited:
It's in all our interests to keep the traffic flowing. Everyone needs to pull out from side streets into busy main roads. So it's good policy to let people get out, if a favour is the only possible way they can get out.
So that's what I do. Not so I can feel like a nice guy, just doing my bit so traffic keeps flowing.
This policy does not extend to allowing people to overtake me and cut in front of me. The traffic flows just fine with me staying in front.

The above sums up why I'm usually helpful but am very happy to obstruct people when necessary. Any sacrifice someone wants of me needs to be justified.

It is funny how sheep-like people are, for instance in my town coming from the south, there are a major bottleneck where the road cross the river.
But what i dont get are many come from the motorway ( Randers south exit ) and then drive strait into that nightmare, why not stay on motorway and take Randers west exit ( other side of river ) or Randers North exit a bit further North if they live in that far end of town.
Myself though i dont really use motorways, but if i get into town that time of the day i might get on the motorway south of town and then take the west exit 3 km up the motorway, a lot less aggravating that way and only a few Km extra driving.

The intersections at or east or west of the river crossing are just gridlock, and everyone are screaming for a second bridge over the river to take some of the load off the old bridge.

I often end up in the left lane, cuz i up ahead will be turning left so i get in the left lane in good time, this is a practice i have gotten cuz in peak hours you cant really change lanes due to people driving too close, and not really want to let you merge.
Some times people behind me get butt hurt by this and they them overtake me on the right, not cuz i drive too slow i pretty much all the time drive at the MAX limit on a given stretch of road.
I do that all the time when I'm not taking the 1st exit at the next roundabout (we have more roundabouts than intersections, you know) but that's legal and it's also legal to pass on the right in dual-carriageway roads or freeways. The only place where it's prohibited is on the motorways and even that can be debatable because when you're driving in an empty right lane (keeping right is mandatory), passing middle or left lane hoggers, it can't be legally considered undertaking and usually the LEA turn a blind eye to that.

Back