A119 stop working

gobracket

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
hi,
I have a119 for like 6months. And yesterday, it stopped working,

What i’ve tried:
- connect the a119 using my phone charger (2 A)

- take off the sd card

- disassembly the a119, looksblike nothing is wrong there (havent tried to test using multimeter, as i dont know which one to test..)

May I have your suggestion how to test/fix this?

Thanks

Got to be a power problem - power not getting to A119. Else it just died, which I have never heard of happening to an A119 or A119S. Separate camera problems from car power supply problems. Try connecting the A119 to a +5 Vdc USB wall charger or +5 Vdc USB battery bank using the Viofo supplied short cable in your home. You could also connect the short cable to a USB port on a PC computer, but if it powers up you will get the blue "Mass Storage" screen used to load firmware. At least that would tell you the camera will still power up or not. Edit: Use the camera side mini USB input port instead of the GPS mount input port, if you have GPS. Also try powering on using the power button.

Last edited:
If you’ve tried different cables and power supplies and the camera is still dead, I would open it up again and look at the capacitors and ribbon cable that goes to the image sensor. Make sure the cable is securely seated into the main board. When looking at the capacitors, look to see if the bottom of the caps are bulging (they should be flat).

If you’ve tried different cables and power supplies and the camera is still dead, I would open it up again and look at the capacitors and ribbon cable that goes to the image sensor. Make sure the cable is securely seated into the main board. When looking at the capacitors, look to see if the bottom of the caps are bulging (they should be flat).
It indeed bulging, they got 2 capacitors, do you know what is the capacitors spec?

It indeed bulging, they got 2 capacitors, do you know what is the capacitors spec?
Are they both blown or just one? If it's just one, I would think the camera would still start. If they are both blown, probably not.

I would contact your seller to see if they can help you at all. If not, contact Viofo for specs. Maybe they can even send you some.

Are they both blown or just one? If it's just one, I would think the camera would still start. If they are both blown, probably not.

I would contact your seller to see if they can help you at all. If not, contact Viofo for specs. Maybe they can even send you some.

Looks like both has blown. I check it and saw the spec is super capacitor with 2.7v 3,3f. Let me yry to change it and see if its working. Thank you for the responses and helps

Back