Why have a dashcam?

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can somebody provide a short video explaining the importance of having a dashcam that I can post on Youtube so my friends will be aware. (Maybe one is already on there)

Read my siggy: "In Video Veritas" :D

With a cam proving your innocence you greatly increase your chances of a fast and fair insurance claim settlement as it will be clear to all who see the video that they haven't got a leg to stand on against you :p It's also a helpful reminder to keep you driving safely to because what you do is equally clear ;) Even if you never need it, a dashcam is worth it's cost in the peace of mind it brings. It's always got your back even when you're alone.

Phil

Read my siggy: "In Video Veritas" :D

With a cam proving your innocence you greatly increase your chances of a fast and fair insurance claim settlement as it will be clear to all who see the video that they haven't got a leg to stand on against you :p It's also a helpful reminder to keep you driving safely to because what you do is equally clear ;) Even if you never need it, a dashcam is worth it's cost in the peace of mind it brings. It's always got your back even when you're alone.

Phil
I would not be without one

That is i think what many people forget, what the dashcam first and foremost do is log the way the car its installed in are getting driven.
And if that's within the law, then it can be used to disprove a lot of claims against you, even ones where the other part dont even feature in the footage.

For me personally the cameras in my car ae mostly there so i can expose the idiots out there, but their other feature being used as a defense against wrong claims in traffic are also quite nice.
And if you try that against me in my car, you will regret it as i have more cameras in my car than you will see covering a football game.

And lets agree on that there are a lot of people out there doing other things while driving, and the vast majority of those will come up with some kind of lie to defend their own stupidity rather than take the blame for that.
And a dashcam are a good defense against such people.

still great seeing dashcam users driving like tools though :D

Back