Clips taken in South Africa

Hermes14

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Dash Cam
Viofo A1119s
This is the first clip I have published.
It took forever to download, I eventually have to compress it a bit.

Yes if you was downloading via wifi then no wonder, i would not be surprised if a 3 minute clip took 5 - 10 minutes to DL via wifi.
I would never go the wifi route, not even at home where i would get the full speed of my cable connection, to me wifi are a last fitch solution that should only be used in extremely rare circumstances.

We are still waiting for fibre to come to our area.
There are talks of starting it soon.
I just done a speed test, this is average for South Africa.
OOKLA.png

Auuuu that hurt just looking at it.

In my old house the first many years all i could get was dsl on the phone line, but it was bad old cobber so the max was 4 / 1 mbit, i then faked a lot of interest forms on the fiber providers home page ( on behalf of most houses in the rural area where my house was )
That made the fiber come a little faster i think, after a year or so ( they was already close as i saw them work on the cables in other little towns close by ) then i finally got the fiber put into my house and got 30/30 mbit ( fast back then )

Today i have 130/60 on cable, but if i lived a place with fiber i could get 300 / 300 mbit for the same prize i pay for my cable internet.
Needless to say i am looking for a apartment with fiber, not least as my current cable company are evil and i dont really want to support a evil company, but DSL on the phone here in my apartment are only 20/1 mbit MAX, and that cable are also owned by the same evil ISP so they would make money even if i choose another company renting their cobber.

6848758649.png

If we are lucky South Africa might see 100mbps in about 10 years time.

It is also a much larger country, Demark are small stuff, and installment are funded bu us in the sence that long ago the power companies had charger billions too much for electricety, so the politicians gave them 2 choises.
1. pay back the money
2. put fibers in the ground

So they off course put fiber in the ground and got off to a good start with us electric users paying the bill, and the politicians can brag about how good they are and people will not know they pay sort of double in this case as it is beside the ultra high taxes we Danes also pay.

Back