purchasing Viofo A119 question

neometalx9

Reaction score
Country
Panama
hello guys,

do you happen to know if they still sell the V1 on amazon.com? I want to buy a Viofo A119 V2 without the gps mount but the one i found does not specify if it is V2 or V1.

here is the image

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 19
I highly doubt there would be any new V1’s around. You should be good.

Check the serial number, should begin with "V2". @viofo or @jokiin can please verify this?

Phil

I havent bought it yet, thats why i am not sure if it is V2 or V1.. the other links i found from the results specify it clearly thats why it had me wondering..

there is this one from capture your action but i think it comes with the gps mount, i dont need it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01HVWNFF6

I havent bought it yet, thats why i am not sure if it is V2 or V1.. the other links i found from the results specify it clearly thats why it had me wondering..

there is this one from capture your action but i think it comes with the gps mount, i dont need it

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01HVWNFF6
I have a listing with and without GPS.

I have a listing with and without GPS.
is the one from the link above, 89.90 one, with the gps mount?

i saw another one labeled viofo a119g with gps mount but im not sure whats the difference between the g and regular one.

Link above is without GPS. A119 is without GPS. A119G is with GPS.

Does it come with the cpl filter? I'm planning to get one also

FYI the only thing that changed between V1 and V2 is the GPS mount and the gold slots on the back of the camera. The non GPS mount plate did not change. So if you don't want gps, then it doesn't matter if you get a V1 or V2.

FYI the only thing that changed between V1 and V2 is the GPS mount and the gold slots on the back of the camera. The non GPS mount plate did not change. So if you don't want gps, then it doesn't matter if you get a V1 or V2.

yeah, but it would be better for me to have the V2 in case i want to add the v2 gps mount i have, someday. Also, i think i would need to upgrade the bootloader thing before upgrading the firmware to the beta or latest ones, thats what i read here few weeks ago.

Boot loader only needs to be upgraded if the unit you get has firmware less than 2.0. If you buy a V2, it will come with firmware 2.x or higher as well so in theory the V2 cameras should never need to install the boot loader.

Boot loader only needs to be upgraded if the unit you get has firmware less than 2.0. If you buy a V2, it will come with firmware 2.x or higher as well so in theory the V2 cameras should never need to install the boot loader.
yeah, thats what i want to avoid..

All OCD Tronic listings (both A119/A119S, with/wihtout GPS) is V2 Stock
We haven't had V1 since April 2017

yeah, i purchased the first one from ocd tronic seller few weeks ago, the viofo a119 V2 with gps mount, too bad there wasnt the no gps mount version, only for 119s..

i kinda wanted to try a119s but i wanted to keep using the 2k resolution, i wish there was a firmware upgrade or something in the future that allows for that, hopefully soon

yeah, i purchased the first one from ocd tronic seller few weeks ago, the viofo a119 V2 with gps mount, too bad there wasnt the no gps mount version, only for 119s..

i kinda wanted to try a119s but i wanted to keep using the 2k resolution, i wish there was a firmware upgrade or something in the future that allows for that, hopefully soon
the image sensor in the S isn't capable of anything higher than 1920x1080 - that's why it doesn't have 2k.

Back