Newbie - auto start

JeffB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just received my 512 GW and very pleased so far. I have hard wired it to an ignition feed supply and have set it with parking mode on
The problem I seem to have is that although the unit turns on when I switch the ignition on, it does not automatically record and I have to press the OK /record button to start. This is what I was expecting - or does this only work when using the cigarette socket power ?

Automatic Start / Stop Technology. The Dash Cam senses power supplied to the cigarette lighter
socket as soon as the vehicle ignition is turned on and will start to record automatically.
When the ignition is turned off, the Dash Cam will perform an automatic shutdown process.

Thanks
Jeff

Are you sure you have it wired to a source that cuts the power when you turn the ignition off ?

Mine is on a 7.5 fuse (Ford Focus) and starts and stops.

I used a multimeter before connecting mine so make absolutely sure I had a power source that was only live when the ignition was on.
Hondas have what they call an 'Option Connector' designed to avoid piggybacking. There are a range of pins in it:

Ignition position 1 & 2
Ignition position 2
Reverse selected
Door open
Permanent live

I'm wondering if it's the selection of parking mode causing this? I'm not familiar with that cam though.

Phil

My guess is that it's wired to permanent power. When the car is started there is no power change so the unit stays in sleep mode, which it goes to after xx mins of no movement.

It should be recording automatically, does the camera turn on when you enter the vehicle?

It should be recording automatically, does the camera turn on when you enter the vehicle?
Yes Tiffany,,, I think it was operator error It is connected to an ignition fed circuit (rear wipers which only operate when engine is running). It actually powers on when I operate the central locking so I wonder if it is something to do with canbus wiring which may send some pulse? It's a volvo xc70 2015 year. What I had done previously was seeing the Cam switched on when I sat in the car, I turned it off, and on starting the engine expected it to turn on. . . which it wouldn't as I had turned it off!
The cam seems fine now I have realised this. Weird though.
Thx all
Jeff

Back