Roadhawk HD vs. Mobius Dashcams - in-car videos

Photosbykev

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Roadhawk HD, Mobius
1st post on the forum so my apology if I get something wrong.

I've mounted a Roadhawk HD behind the rear view mirror on my BMW 320D and bought a Mobius actioncam for the rear screen. Being an out and out geek I did a back to back comparison between the two cameras which might be of interest to other users. It covers; syncronised in-car footage, audio, field of view and the WDR function.

regards
Kev

Thanks for taking time to edit videos ( put together ), but my advice for next time to join two camera footage into one screen where both screens are the same size, because now we can see less details inside smaller screen and more details from main screen, so people who watch can get wrong illusion.

You can do something like this( see below ) so all screens are equal size.

Thank you for the advice, I can easily edit the video in Premiere Pro to give that layout or a screen split verticallyor horizontally so you can see half of each video but it would be full frame.

regards
Kev

What's your favorite editing app? I currently use Cyberlink PowerDirector 12
Hi JazJon,I do have Cyberlink PD 12 but my main editing software is Premier Elements 11 or Premier Pro CS6. For this video I used PP CS6 as it gives me the accurate placement I wanted for each clip and it is visually easier to synchronise the video tracks.

regards
Kev

I spent two hours today trying to find a good location for the Mobius in the back window of my BMW 320D saloon and FAILED lol. The rake of the windscreen means the camera is very close to the back of the rear seat passengers if I mount it high up and if I mount the camera lower down the screen most of the view is obscured by the boot lid. I think I'll just leave the Roadhawk HD in the front and use the Mobius for other stuff.

I made a bracket in styrene to hold the rear cam in my 4 cctv cam setup, it was simply attached to the head liner with 2 self tapping screws.

My Little Suzuki have some felt like material as head liner, the cctv bord cam stayed in place good, and i intend to Mount a mobius in same manner and location.

If you want i can grab a pic of my old setup, the styrene bracket in still in place as i just yanked the bord cam out ( the bord cam is now installed in the peep hole in my front door in my apartment )

I spent two hours today trying to find a good location for the Mobius in the back window of my BMW 320D saloon and FAILED lol. The rake of the windscreen means the camera is very close to the back of the rear seat passengers if I mount it high up and if I mount the camera lower down the screen most of the view is obscured by the boot lid. I think I'll just leave the Roadhawk HD in the front and use the Mobius for other stuff.

I'm not up on BMW models but some of them have that little fin on the roof at the back, I've seen an aftermarket camera that mounts in there which I thought was a nice spot, very limited application obviously

I'm not up on BMW models but some of them have that little fin on the roof at the back, I've seen an aftermarket camera that mounts in there which I thought was a nice spot, very limited application obviously
That would be the perfect place :) I'll have a look around the bmw market.

That would be the perfect place :) I'll have a look around the bmw market.

I actually saw it at a trade show, I'm not sure if it had been produced yet or they were just fishing for buyers, that happens a lot, make a sample, if you get an order then work out how to make the product

Like I said the application is obviously quite limited but I still thought it was a great concept

Back