Right angle hardwire kit

skjoe

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 (2)
I am going to hardwire my A119, but because the gps mount is a steaming pile of dog doo, i have to power it through the camera on the side. For some reason i am the only person on the internet whos ocd cant stand having the cable loop out the side and then up. It was so neat and tidy going into the Gonna Perpetually Shake mount though.
Does anyone know of a good right angle (in the right direction) hardwire kit?
Also, @viofo how does a person get some of that fancy foam padding i have been reading about today?

Not knowing which way I was going to mount mine I got 2 adapters.

Pair 90degree B Left Right Angle Mini Usb Male to Mini Female Connector Adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00N2U0SSO
I could use any hardwire kit.

I got the same set. The adapters plug into the camera nice and tight, but I found the power cable to be a little loose going into the adapter. It wasn't loose enough to have a flaky connection, but still felt that it could fall out. It doesn't help that the adapter does not accept the full length of the power cord's plug either.

I've got some cheap cams where the USB socket is a bit loose. I solved that by slightly 'denting' the middle of one side of the USB plug to lessen the distance between it's contacts and the socket (pulls it tighter). A little goes a long way here so go very slow and gently with the bending ;)

Phil

While there is a gap, it is not loose. There won't be any tension on the cable where I am placing it, so it should be fine.
b9ef229a107f1a0ea371b1860f80588a.jpg
51d3aec0199648ca733182e554ae015d.jpg

Thats what i was looking for, seeing as i need a hardwire kit anyway, thanks.

thanks for the link to that kit, I might have to get one...

Wow. Looks like the car just crashed into someone's house. That would make a great video to put here.

That is the best 'dog house' (garage) I have ever seen. It wouldn't matter so much when I get ousted by the wife.

Garage is nicer than my house! :(

I am going to hardwire my A119, but because the gps mount is a steaming pile of dog doo, i have to power it through the camera on the side. For some reason i am the only person on the internet whos ocd cant stand having the cable loop out the side and then up. It was so neat and tidy going into the Gonna Perpetually Shake mount though.
Does anyone know of a good right angle (in the right direction) hardwire kit?
Also, @viofo how does a person get some of that fancy foam padding i have been reading about today?

Believe me you're not the only person. There's at least one other - me.

Good luck with your fitting. Let us all know how it goes.

Not knowing which way I was going to mount mine I got 2 adapters.

Pair 90degree B Left Right Angle Mini Usb Male to Mini Female Connector Adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00N2U0SSO
I could use any hardwire kit.
Actually, we also sold some such adapters to some distributors.
We will plan to prepare some hardwire kits with angle adapter.

We will plan to prepare some hardwire kits with angle adapter.

I will wait for that kit for the 2nd vehicle, still using the regular one in the lighter plug at the moment.

Back