BlackVue DR750S-2CH

Wait a minute. After examining the pic closer, that's not two (2) cams - that's just the front cam. I thought this was both front and rear. That does not seem to be the case. Therefore, I think I see the housing for the front cam lens and it seems to sit on top of another structure that could contain the Sensor and maybe the processor underneath. Can't really tell from these pics but thanks!

appstore-icon-215x68.png

Updated: Nov 21, 2017
Version: 2.64
Size: 60.0 MB
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blackvue-c/id1049209637?l=us&ls=1&mt=8

This is a bit of a silly question but if I used my phone app to update 750S where is new firmware stored? On camera or on the SD card? I have my samsung pro 64GB which I would like to move from my nuviCam to Blackvue but I don't to risk bricking my dashcam

Nevermind. After inserting it in Dashcam just formatted it on its own

Last edited:
Hi guys.
Just Installed this device and I have a few questions.

1)The app on iPhone is working well, I can see recordings and real time videos, but when I trying to go to the settings gearbox.
I see this error.
IMG_2842.png

I tried to format the card but it didn't help. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
I still can use sd card but it's not normal and I can't update software this way

2)The picture quality at night is awful and too much bright.
I switched brightness to the minimum level and I still can't see licence plates. Night mode is on.
Screen_Shot_2017_12_05_at_11_36_28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017_12_05_at_11_36_58_PM.png

3)How to use an Internet, while my iPhone connected to the device?

4)When I click download on my iPhone it dowanloads, but where? I don't see the videos in my library

Thanx.

А то прямо хрень какая-то

So i have had the 7502ch running for a few weeks. No issues with cams, power magic pro or internet features.

The problem i have is the mirror mount on my 2016 Taurus SHO (example shown here: http://releasedatesnewcars.com/wp-c...rus-interior-leather-seats-steering-wheel.jpg)

My camera is to the passenger side of the mirror mount. The left side of my video shows the black plastic mount. If I move it further right (towards passenger) it not only starts to become a visual obstruction but the curve of the windshield starts to direct the camera to the right.

I've looked for camera mounts, (like over priced blendmount) and they dont even seem to have a solution.

Anyone else run into an issue like this?

Do you think it would be possible (or advisable) to mount on the bottom of the plastic mirror mount with double-sided tape? Or should those only be on glass?

Thanks

Just got my camera fitted.
I can view the activities with the micro card and the Blackvue wi-fi.
I have signed up for Cloud but I don't know how to view the activities with the Black Viewer
from the cloud!
My camera is there but the screen is blank.
Where am I going wrong?:rolleyes:

Hi guys.
Just Installed this device and I have a few questions.

1)The app on iPhone is working well, I can see recordings and real time videos, but when I trying to go to the settings gearbox.
I see this error.
IMG_2842.png

I tried to format the card but it didn't help. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
I still can use sd card but it's not normal and I can't update software this way

2)The picture quality at night is awful and too much bright.
I switched brightness to the minimum level and I still can't see licence plates. Night mode is on.
Screen_Shot_2017_12_05_at_11_36_28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017_12_05_at_11_36_58_PM.png

3)How to use an Internet, while my iPhone connected to the device?

4)When I click download on my iPhone it dowanloads, but where? I don't see the videos in my library

Thanx.

А то прямо хрень какая-то

Hello Veromi, I asked the BlackVue Suport about your questions. I pasted their (edited) reply below:

1. For the request timed out option it seems like the direct wifi connection with the dashcam is suddenly dropping which could be the cause of the error. This happens sometimes in iPhone when there is no internet in the connection. We need to ask customer the iPhone model, iOS version, app version for further investigation and also he should check the connection status in wifi settings when the error occurs to check if the wifi is still connected with the dashcam.

2. Try turning Night Vision off: the Sony STARVIS sensor gives clearer image in dark environments even with NV off, and the ambient light seems sufficient to catch details. If that doesn't work, contact Support at cs@pittasoft.com and try to send a video sample so they can determine if there is any other issue.

3. This cannot be done at the moment.

4. The videos are stored in the the internal memory at first: go to Internal Memory (in the BlackVue App). From there, you can play saved videos and export videos to other apps, including your phone's image/video library.

Just got my camera fitted.
I can view the activities with the micro card and the Blackvue wi-fi.
I have signed up for Cloud but I don't know how to view the activities with the Black Viewer
from the cloud!
My camera is there but the screen is blank.
Where am I going wrong?:rolleyes:

Hello Henry,
Have you configured your dashcam to connect to BlackVue Over the Cloud? With the BlackVue App: go to BLACKVUE WI-FI > Gear icon > Firmware Settings > CLOUD > Cloud service hotspot settings (you can browse available Wi-Fi networks there).
You can also set it up with the BlackVue Viewer, although in that case you will need to have written down the exact network name and password of the connection that the dashcam will use to connect to the Cloud.

Here is a link to a few resources on the subject:
https://helpcenter.blackvue.com/hc/...e-guide-on-how-to-use-BlackVue-Cloud-service-

Thank you

So i have had the 7502ch running for a few weeks. No issues with cams, power magic pro or internet features.

The problem i have is the mirror mount on my 2016 Taurus SHO (example shown here: http://releasedatesnewcars.com/wp-c...rus-interior-leather-seats-steering-wheel.jpg)

My camera is to the passenger side of the mirror mount. The left side of my video shows the black plastic mount. If I move it further right (towards passenger) it not only starts to become a visual obstruction but the curve of the windshield starts to direct the camera to the right.

I've looked for camera mounts, (like over priced blendmount) and they dont even seem to have a solution.

Anyone else run into an issue like this?

Do you think it would be possible (or advisable) to mount on the bottom of the plastic mirror mount with double-sided tape? Or should those only be on glass?

Thanks
Hello,
It might work if the plastic is not textured at all (totally flat) but you will probably get better results mounting directly on the windshield.
It also helps keeping the lens as close as possible to the windshield.
Does it obstruct your field of view if you mount the camera on the windshield below the mirror mount (with the lens centered)?

Hello Henry,
Have you configured your dashcam to connect to BlackVue Over the Cloud? With the BlackVue App: go to BLACKVUE WI-FI > Gear icon > Firmware Settings > CLOUD > Cloud service hotspot settings (you can browse available Wi-Fi networks there).
You can also set it up with the BlackVue Viewer, although in that case you will need to have written down the exact network name and password of the connection that the dashcam will use to connect to the Cloud.

Here is a link to a few resources on the subject:
https://helpcenter.blackvue.com/hc/...e-guide-on-how-to-use-BlackVue-Cloud-service-

Thank you

So far I have my Blackview Viewer.
I have signed in the Cloud and selected a wi-fi channel.
My camera is there but when I click on it nothing appears,
Same with my Camera locator and live view.
I live in the UK.

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 07.13.09.png

So far I have my Blackview Viewer.
I have signed in the Cloud and selected a wi-fi channel.
My camera is there but when I click on it nothing appears,
Same with my Camera locator and live view.
I live in the UK.

View attachment 35073
It seems that you signed up for BlackVue Over the Cloud and registered your BlackVue correctly.
However, judging by the black color of the car/dashcam icon, it seems that the dashcam has not been configured to connect to, or is not in range of a configured Wi-Fi network.
You must configure your dashcam to connect to a Wi-Fi network of your choice so it can access the Cloud server (the car/dashcam icon will then turn blue).
To do so, the simplest way would be to use the BlackVue App.
Then with your dashcam powered on, connect to it via your phone's Wi-Fi menu, then open the BlackVue App > BLACKVUE WI-FI menu > Gear icon > Firmware Settings > CLOUD > Cloud service hotspot settings (to set up the Wi-Fi network/hotspot that your dashcam will use to connect to the Cloud server).
Once this is done, make sure to save the settings (the dashcam will reboot).

You can configure this with the BlackVue Viewer as well, but in this case you must take the microSD card out, connect it to your computer and access the Firmware settings menu which will appear in the Viewer (in microSD card mode) after connecting the microSD card.

View attachment 35078
It seems that you signed up for BlackVue Over the Cloud and registered your BlackVue correctly.
However, judging by the black color of the car/dashcam icon, it seems that the dashcam has not been configured to connect to, or is not in range of a configured Wi-Fi network.
You must configure your dashcam to connect to a Wi-Fi network of your choice so it can access the Cloud server (the car/dashcam icon will then turn blue).
Then with your dashcam powered on, connect to it via your phone's Wi-Fi menu, then open the BlackVue App > BLACKVUE WI-FI menu > Gear icon > Firmware Settings > CLOUD > Cloud service hotspot settings (to set up the Wi-Fi network/hotspot that your dashcam will use to connect to the Cloud server).

You can configure this with the BlackVue Viewer as well, but in this case you must take the microSD card out, connect it to your computer and access the Firmware settings menu which will appear in the Viewer (in microSD card mode) after connecting the microSD card.

I entered a web hotspot and pressed OK but nothing else happened.
No option to save the settings.
The camera did not reboot (I did this in the car with my laptop and iPhone.
I went to the Blackview viewer and when I go to log in it says I am already logged in - which I'm not.

View attachment 35074

I press proceed and then I am logged in, but nothing works when you click?
On a couple of occasions I have been told that an e-mail has been sent so I can confirm, but I never get one.
I tried to change my password and was told I needed to respond to their, but again nothing came?
When I try to Join the Blackview internet it says my passed word is wrong but if I try it a few times it logs in?
The password is correct.
I am not getting anything on the Blackue SD card viewer either, even though the camera is on and broadcasting!
View attachment 35075

Everything has gone smoothly with the hotspot Jeremie.
I can now view my videos on wi-fi, when the camera is on while sat in the car!
The Cloud BluView Viewer has found my car on the map!
I have clicked on the camera but there are no videos on show?
Also the 'Live camera' is not working?

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 13.14.03.png
Henry.

Hi,
The fact that the camera shows on the map in the Cloud Viewer confirms that the dashcam connected to the Cloud at some point.
However, it seems to be now disconnected from the Cloud.
Can you confirm your BlackVue is powered on and within range of the Wi-Fi hotspot you set up?
What kind of hotspot are you using? Is the Cloud Wi-Fi hotspot located in your vehicle?
If you think everything should be working, try powering the dashcam off and on again.

Hi,
The fact that the camera shows on the map in the Cloud Viewer confirms that the dashcam connected to the Cloud at some point.
However, it seems to be now disconnected from the Cloud.
Can you confirm your BlackVue is powered on and within range of the Wi-Fi hotspot you set up?
What kind of hotspot are you using? Is the Cloud Wi-Fi hotspot located in your vehicle?
If you think everything should be working, try powering the dashcam off and on again.

I'll try it in the car again later.
Are you saying Cloud only works when the camera is on?
How do you store the videos in Cloud to view when the camera is off?
How does Liveview work if the camera is off?
Can you turn the camera on remotely from your iPhone or Mac?

Henry.

Hi Henry,
That's correct, in order to access your dashcam via the Cloud, your dashcam must be powered on and connected to an internet-enabled Wi-Fi network.
In order to keep your dashcam powered even when your car's ignition is off, you can hardwire your BlackVue with a hardwiring kit like the Power Magic Pro. This will both enable Parking Mode and allow the dashcam to send Push Notifications to your phone when it detects an impact, gets disconnected from the Cloud, etc. (you can choose the type of notifications you want to receive).
Edit: the camera cannot be turned on or off remotely.

Hi Henry,
That's correct, in order to access your dashcam via the Cloud, your dashcam must be powered on and connected to an internet-enabled Wi-Fi network.
In order to keep your dashcam powered even when your car's ignition is off, you can hardwire your BlackVue with a hardwiring kit like the Power Magic Pro. This will both enable Parking Mode and allow the dashcam to send Push Notifications to your phone when it detects an impact, gets disconnected from the Cloud, etc. (you can choose the type of notifications you want to receive).

Thank you Jeremie!!
I'll get back to you after I have powered the car up to confirm that the cloud is working.

Henry.
Hi Henry,

All seems to be OK now!!
Thank you for all your help!!

Most appreciated.

Oh! One more thing. The picture from the rear view camera is upside down!:ROFLMAO:
Has he fitted the camera upside or can it be changed in the settings??:cry:

When he fitted the camera the picture was the right way up, I am pretty sure.

Henry.:)

Last edited:
Hi Henry, you are welcome.
Yes, you can rotate the rear camera view 180 degrees in the settings.
On the BlackVue App: BLACKVUE WI-FI > Gear icon > Firmware settings > Basic > Recording > Rear camera rotation.

Back