How to apply the 0.5mm 3M EVA Foam Pad to your VIOFO A119 DashCam

OCD Tronic

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO, GitUp, INNOVV, QVIA, GUARD TRAK + More on Amazon.com
I'm going to start making helpful videos on the new OCD Tronic Youtube Channel. (Subscribe!)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZmGjjkqJuAROrV9NmTGkXA

Here's the first one.

The EVA Foam is to prevent video/audio noise. The curvature of the glass will slowly pull the edges of the plastic mount. A small gap will develop over time. The EVA Foam fills this gap so you can enjoy stable video, and rattle free audio recordings.

All new VIOFO A119 include EVA pads in the box, if you need some search Amazon for A119EVA or B072DS2DW9

Last edited:
Very useful video. Thanks. I need these as I am having problems with vibration. I have just replied to your Amazon Marketplace email.

Very useful video. Thanks. I need these as I am having problems with vibration. I have just replied to your Amazon Marketplace email.

EVA Foam on the way! (no problem, thanks for letting us know you need some) The very first small batch of V2's were missing EVA Foam but all shipping A119/A119S shipping via OCD Tronic as of today are V2 with EVA Foam.

Used the video today to install it on the unit that arrived today. There was no instructions in the package it came with.

Used the video today to install it on the unit that arrived today. There was no instructions in the package it came with.

Excellent glad this quick video was helpful. I'll be making more videos all year long in time.

I have question about your video.When you applied EVA foam pad you blocked/covered entire row of these little holes,which are I suppose for ventilation(heat to go out),is dashcam gonna heat more with EVA foam pad or not?I am not owner of A119 or A119C,maybe in the future,but I am just curious.

I have question about your video.When you applied EVA foam pad you blocked/covered entire row of these little holes,which are I suppose for ventilation(heat to go out),is dashcam gonna heat more with EVA foam pad or not?I am not owner of A119 or A119C,maybe in the future,but I am just curious.

I wouldn't worry about it, there are plenty of holes still open all around the camera sides.

and you still can cut off 1mm to uncover the row of holes. or 2mm. :eek:

I got the foam pads from OCD Tronic and installed them today. The image is much more stable, and although it might be my imagination, it seems quieter too. Hard to imagine that such a simple thing can make such a big difference.

I got the foam pads from OCD Tronic and installed them today. The image is much more stable, and although it might be my imagination, it seems quieter too. Hard to imagine that such a simple thing can make such a big difference.

Excellent, good stuff. Thanks for the update.

Received my pad today and used the video to get installed perfectly. Thanks again.

I just noticed a negative review about the A119EVA foam pad listing on Amazon.

Customer:
"Before installing the pad I checked out a You tube video concerning its installation. The first step, it was stated, was to properly position the thinnest side of the pad onto the camera. How do I determine the thinnest part of a 0.5 mm pad? Must I distinguish between 0.5 mm and 0.4 mm? I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it for the other two pads I had ruined, either. I think the guy on the video, must have had a very good day. Or maybe he took many video takes before releasing that one. If the pad installation is so easy why do you think the company is including 4 of them with the sale of new cameras?"

I wanted to clarify what I meant by "thinnest edge" (see bottom of this photo)

3jLzWJi.jpg

R00sKtl.jpg

Sheesh... The wording could have been more precise, but it's one thing to ask for clarification, and an entirely different thing to slam it as bad. And he poured on the hate because you included 4 pieces. Some people!

What's more when you watch the video it becomes apparent what was meant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm going to start making helpful videos on the new OCD Tronic Youtube Channel. (Subscribe!)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZmGjjkqJuAROrV9NmTGkXA

Here's the first one.

The EVA Foam is to prevent video/audio noise. The curvature of the glass will slowly pull the edges of the plastic mount. A small gap will develop over time. The EVA Foam fills this gap so you can enjoy stable video, and rattle free audio recordings.

All new VIOFO A119 include EVA pads in the box, if you need some search Amazon for A119EVA or B072DS2DW9

Great video and instructions but where can I get one in the UK?!!

Great video and instructions but where can I get one in the UK?!!

I can mail you some via small envleope. I'll private message you the link to check out.

Reactions: csh
I can mail you some via small envleope. I'll private message you the link to check out.

Hi OCD Tronic

I was just about to order when I noticed I had 4 pads in my A119 box, lucky me. But thanks for the offer and the great video. I managed to remove a few mm of pad on the right hand side so the pad doesn't cover any of the vent holes.

Back