Modified firmware for Thieye T5e and clone...

AWB work fine, flat profile is great. Check last image. Color is desaturated, and is just easy to bring up in post production, without to much noise.
Its very easy to manipulate color correction, levels, curves with this flat profile under Effect mode/Color-4

Ok, yeah.. i can work with that. Seems this thing really sucks up the battery and heats up pretty nicely using this higher bitrate :)

This camera has no battery problems. It works without a battery (on power bank, of course) :)
The cooling is done by cutting small holes through the body of the camera. Camera must be disassembled before drilling holes.
The original underwater case is very bad. This summer, seawater went into the underwater case, and the camera was partly in the water. With some miracle she stayed alive, so I have no intention of using her again for underwater photography.
That's why I have drilled holes, because I will always use it without any underwater case.

Ordered one this morning, cant wait to try it out. From the spec images earlier, does that mean 12-bit or 60 fps (4k) is possible?

60fps is possible, but not for 4k. 2560x1440 is 60fps.

I made a case modification:

SSD2cwB.jpg

kuHETb7.jpg

Before modification did you find any problem with recording time in S Fine in 4K? With the latest firmware, I get about 60 mbps, but it cuts out at 1.5 min on an SD card scoring 30mbyte/sec write speed in my own test (u3 card), Fine is about 50 mbps and doesnt seem to stop at any point, one of the modified firmwares was about 54.7mbps and got to 2.5 min before stopping, kind of odd. I guess 50mbps is probably enough anyway. I am wondering if it is stopping due to heat.

At 50mbps I have no issue recording continuous 4K, I know its not the card because I benchmarked the card myself... maybe block size?

Last edited:
Falsificator first great work and this is my first post on the forum. I have a request. I have installed the SJ7 Star firmware v1.15 on the T5e non mic ver. Now the down side is the WiFi is not recognizable and Bluetooth is non existing in the firmware or in the actual hardware of the camera. Can you extract the table from the original firmware of ThiEYE T5e (WiFi driver T5e) and put it in the SJ7 firmware. Also creating a new line in the menu by adding the Bluetooth (extracting Bluetooth driver from ThiEYE T5e) 2 things only and repack it:)

EDIT : 09.06.2017 Testing the FOV on T5e with the SJ7 Star Firmware v1.15

How did you get into the side settings? (the spanner/screwdriver icon)

I was trying to see if I could turn on the RAW photo setting, but I couldnt get into that area.

Also Im wondering if it possible to locate the RAW part of the firmware in the SJ7 and port it over to the stock T5e firmware (mic port)? Thieye customer support got back to me and said they tried to put RAW in before but there were heat issues and stability issues (assuming from the heat).

Last edited:
How did you get into the side settings? (the spanner/screwdriver icon)

I was trying to see if I could turn on the RAW photo setting, but I couldnt get into that area.

Also Im wondering if it possible to locate the RAW part of the firmware in the SJ7 and port it over to the stock T5e firmware (mic port)? Thieye customer support got back to me and said they tried to put RAW in before but there were heat issues and stability issues (assuming from the heat).

When you enter the Menu area just press and hold the record button longer and it will switch to the other settings (the spanner/screwdriver icon)

When you enter the Menu area just press and hold the record button longer and it will switch to the other settings (the spanner/screwdriver icon)

Thanks, somehow I was mistaken, no raw option in the SJ7, must have misread.

Hello,

a new firmware LAMAX x10 is available, version 1.3. If you could change it to make it compatible with the Thieye T5e camera as before, it would be great, because it is extra!

thank you !
smile.gif

Seems version ThiEYE T5&T5e_V5.1 (171114) is for new wrist remote?

25498248_525942801096008_8314221242412764273_n.jpg

nice to have higher bitrate. is there a chance to have 1:1 video mode , such as 2880x2880 (8m pixels)

amazing work, congrats! if only I could have it working with PAL, without having problems :-(

amazing work, congrats! if only I could have it working with PAL, without having problems :-(
We use PAL too. 50Hz power, TV, DVD players etc. Do you mean the modifications don't work if the cam is set to PAL?
I set to NTSC and 60Hz in cam even though in Australia and use 60fps in editor programs etc and seems OK for most playback. Just trying to increase the bitate a bit for action vids, hoping for less jitter at 60 once it's edited and processed to MP4 etc. 10 more "JPEG's" per second surely must help?

We use PAL too. 50Hz power, TV, DVD players etc. Do you mean the modifications don't work if the cam is set to PAL?
I set to NTSC and 60Hz in cam even though in Australia and use 60fps in editor programs etc and seems OK for most playback. Just trying to increase the bitate a bit for action vids, hoping for less jitter at 60 once it's edited and processed to MP4 etc. 10 more "JPEG's" per second surely must help?

what I mean is: modification does work, but it you are set PAL and record in 4K, menu freezes... :-(

Install the latest version of the modification and check it again.
This firmware has already been installed by several people and no one has such a problem.

ok, good point, let me try once more then :)

what I mean is: modification does work, but it you are set PAL and record in 4K, menu freezes... :-(
So it works set 60Hz/NTSC 4K 30fps but not 50Hz/PAL 4K 25fps? That is strange! :confused:
Falsificator modded firmware may have a conflict at 4K 25fps but if it works at 4K 30fps it seems strange it crashes at a lower bitrate of 25fps. He also said " Bitrate and saturation did not change." so I don't know what happened LOL :)

Back