Any initial setup tricks for the SGGCX2?

No.15

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi
Never owned a dashcam before and I just purchased the SGGCX2. Any hints or tricks that more experienced users can give me before I do the install? Settings of the unit or common mistakes to avoid? Going in a 2016 F150

there's not much in the way of setup required, set your timezone (default is +10 which will be out for what you need), set the frequency to 60Hz, everything else at defaults is fine, any setting you're not clear on by all means ask away and we'll help you out

you would find a business card in the box from @Street Guardian USA and can get help over the phone anytime you need

Thanks guys. Still waiting on delivery, so I guess install is tomorrow :)

Thanks guys. Still waiting on delivery, so I guess install is tomorrow :)

Be sure to check out the full user manual PDF online, on the support section of our site rather than depending on the shorter printed quick start guide that's in the box.

OK couple of questions. I made a rookie mistake and I think I mounted the camera to high. It seems my mirror cover is blocking the view to my left, should I move the mount down 1 inch or place it somewhere else? Also did I aim the camera ok in this video? This video is all default setting, I just wanted to check it out, does expousre look ok? With cpl on btw.

MVIMG_20171212_114621%5b1%5d.jpg

Last edited:
The field of view blocked in your example there is minimal, could probably live with that if it doesn't bother you. There are spare adhesive pads in the box if you want to try moving it though.

Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to move it, that kind of bothers me :)

I also meant to ask what this is for?

MVIMG_20171212_115500[2].jpg

That's the cord cover that comes with the SG9665GC. It's not shipping with latest SGGCX2 batch yet but a new re-tooled cord cover (in design as we speak) should be ready and made available in Q1. (and will be packed in future SGGCX2 boxes)
Any USA SGGCX2 customer can Email me your details if you want a cord cover shipped once they are made available. (if you don't have one)

upload_2017-12-12_13-5-5.png

Last edited:
Ahh I see. There was one in my box that is why I asked. I like it :)

I would have had that mount up higher and further to the left, this way the mount would be concealed by the dotted area.

Too bad with those silly sensor arrays on the windscreen, my little car dont have that and mirror are hung off the roof, so i could fit 4 - 5 of these cameras side bu side with no ptoblems.

I would have had that mount up higher and further to the left, this way the mount would be concealed by the dotted area.

Too bad with those silly sensor arrays on the windscreen, my little car dont have that and mirror are hung off the roof, so i could fit 4 - 5 of these cameras side bu side with no ptoblems.

So like here?
MVIMG_20171212_114621[11].jpg

Reactions: Mtz
Yeah something like that, experiment a little with camera in hand so you can get it as high as possible with only the lens peeking out below the dotted area.
Even with optimal color a mount glued to the glass are easy to spot, but if its up on the dotted area the contact area are far less noticeable.

you may not have to go all that far to the left, but you really have to slide the camera around on the windscreen while it is on to find the sweet spot, you off course would want to stay as far right as you can without having that silly sensor array in the footage.

My dotted area are not quite as tall as yours so first time installing a GC model in my car i almost got up too high so i was barely able to slide camera up and off the mount, but your car dont sem to have that problem.
But off course if you get up high that cable shield might not fit, personally i would just zip tie my cables together, they are after all hidden from the outside by the dotted area, but i like to have a neat install to look at from the inside too.

Last edited:
I installed my cam, set everything up, works great but the time is 12 hours off, and can't get it set. For example, this morning I set it to 8:01, turned it off, then turned it back on, it came on at 8:01 then changed to 20:01. I have tried several times to set it but always goes back to 12 hrs off. By the way, is there any way to set it 12 hrs am/12 hrs pm or is it strictly a 24 hr clock?

I installed my cam, set everything up, works great but the time is 12 hours off, and can't get it set. For example, this morning I set it to 8:01, turned it off, then turned it back on, it came on at 8:01 then changed to 20:01. I have tried several times to set it but always goes back to 12 hrs off. By the way, is there any way to set it 12 hrs am/12 hrs pm or is it strictly a 24 hr clock?
Make sure you have the time zone set correctly. Camera will set the time using GPS data and the time zone you have set.

it's a 24hr clock, as @DT MI mentioned already you haven't set the timezone correctly which is why it is out

Remember we or at least a lot of us change to summer time tonight. and have to get up early to see if a certain Dane can move around parts of Australia at a competitive pace.

I hope mini MAG will give me a reason to watch F1 this year.

Hehe yeah my car clock will be on time again tomorrow.

Back