Lukas viewer no longer showing Google Map???

Hi Ipol,

It is disappointing that you have not heard from Lukas at all. Not very good support!

Just to be sure, did you use the QVIA firmware on your 7900 ACE, or do you have another camera as well? I would never dare to apply an update for another camera to my model! Presumably you can revert to another firmware by just repeating the operation?

If I am able to restore the map view I would not be too concerned about the satellite view. In fact I have not realised I could get the satellite view before, always just used the map.

If you have used the firmware for the ACE then I will try it

Thanks for the messages, Roger

Hey there Roger no I no longer have the 7900 ACE that is now running in my daughters car in the UK I would not suggest using any firmware designed for another model I have a Z970 WD QVIA two channel now and used the correct firmware and latest viewer The viewer update only came out yesterday I was hoping they were working on a viewer and firmware update for your camera to solve the problem for you regards Douglas

Hey there Roger no I no longer have the 7900 ACE that is now running in my daughters car in the UK I would not suggest using any firmware designed for another model I have a Z970 WD QVIA two channel now and used the correct firmware and latest viewer The viewer update only came out yesterday I was hoping they were working on a viewer and firmware update for your camera to solve the problem for you regards Douglas

Ah! thanks for clarifying this Douglas. I am glad I was cautious enough to get your additional comments before blindly going ahead!

As you say, if they are currently working on updates then there is hope that an update for the 7900 may come through in the next week or two. For now, I will just carry on with what I have got and watch for revisions!

Thank for your patience and posts, it has been good to be in touch with you.

I will revisit this thread when things change one way or the other!

Best wishes,

Roger

Ah! thanks for clarifying this Douglas. I am glad I was cautious enough to get your additional comments before blindly going ahead!

As you say, if they are currently working on updates then there is hope that an update for the 7900 may come through in the next week or two. For now, I will just carry on with what I have got and watch for revisions!

Thank for your patience and posts, it has been good to be in touch with you.

I will revisit this thread when things change one way or the other!

Best wishes,

Roger

Still no progress here - emails to Lukas have not been acknowledged at all. Beginning to dismiss any ideas of replacing the camera with another product from this manufacturer! Will post again if I get any joy eventually,

Roger B

Please see the attached image of an email I have just received. I will post here again when I have tried the Viewer update.

As far as the clock error is concerned, Yes the daylight saving box is ticked so am awaiting further advice. I will post later,

best regards,

RogerLukas email.JPG

Hi Roger well the reply was slow in coming I was beginning to think they had forgotten about us ...Has the problem been fixed for you ...regards Ipol

Hello again,

I have just got a second email as follows:

"Hello Roger,

Please check after saving the settings on the PC viewer whether the config.bin has been renewed on the SD card folder.

The ‘Date Modified’ for the new config.bin file should match the time you have clicked ‘Save’ button on Settings page of the PC viewer.

Should you have further questions, please feel free to get back to us."

I will hopefully get a chance to follow the instructions tomorrow and will report back! Fingers crossed.

Roger

Success, after installing the updated Viewer both the map and the clock are working correctly. Alleluia!!

I hope that others reading this with similar problems will have a successful outcome, best wishes to all,

Roger

Hi Roger well the reply was slow in coming I was beginning to think they had forgotten about us ...Has the problem been fixed for you ...regards Ipol

hi Ipol, Yes, the latest Viewer has done the trick. Both map and clock functions are working well now :)

Best wishes,

Roger

PS saw on the TV News film of the snow in UIK - imagine your daughter as getting some good films!

Google wants some sort of payment for use of Google Maps now. Obviously Lukas can't be bothered. For some time there was no map but now we get an error message and a "development version" and dimmed image from Google.

Google wants some sort of payment for use of Google Maps now. Obviously Lukas can't be bothered. For some time there was no map but now we get an error message and a "development version" and dimmed image from Google.
Hi David,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. I have not attempted to try the Maps for a while, having been remaining on home territory for a while. However, I have just tried accessing the map with a file recorded yesterday, 29th Jan,- see screen shot below:
Capture.JPG.

Maybe your version of the viewer is different? My version appears to be 1.8.7.0. let me know how you go over the next few days, maybe it will rectify itself!

Roger

Back