Having issues with the iPhone app.

Nadhir

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800 Pro
Thinkware F800 Pro.

I’ve noticed a few things while just playing around with the camera.

Finally got this fixed. I was looking everywhere but got a response from Thinkware. They respond within a 24 hour window.

Apparently, turning on Airplane Mode on your phone and connecting to the cam through the app via WiFi will resolve this issue... Kind of weird. But it works and that's all that matters. I only really need the Live View to set up my rear camera. This also fixes the video playback issue I was having but I don't look at my videos on a daily basis so it's not an issue.

Hope this helps anyone else that had a similar problem!

------

- Having issues with Live View. It doesn’t show the actual view, just a loading circle, though I can see the time, date, voltage and speed. The screen is just black like it’s loading and it’s loading for a while...I had this work properly in the beginning but now it’s just a black loading screen.

- Video playback isn’t loading for me. I couldn’t load up the Live View so I went into the “Files” folder to view a driving video to make sure all is working well. The time shows 0:01:00 with a 80MB save space. I click to view the video file but just get s black screen with the loading circle in it before the app crashes and I cannot view the file. Trying this multiple times yields the same results as does attempting to view other video files.

I did update my firmware and this is what happened after updating the firmware. I only did the Live View maybe an handful of times prior to updating when I was just setting my camera in place and live View was working.

Has anyone else had issues like this?

-----
I was able to get these two resolved. The issue was that although I was connected to the camera's wifi, it was not connected to my phone's hotspot, even though it connected it didn't fully load up everything. I let it connect (it connected to my phone maybe 5-10x before it actually stayed connected) and then I was able to use the GPS and change the wifi name/password. It also registered my device.

- I cannot change the camera name or password. It keeps telling me it’s saved and resets/disconnects me but whenever I check it again it’s the same default one.

- I cannot use the GPS tracking thing in the app. It says that there are no registered devices...I’m sure I registered it and I’m signed in to my account and everything but can someone clear this up? I’m confused about this.

Last edited:
did you try to reset the device and/or updating the firmware again?

How do I update the firmware again? I got a notice saying that the firmware was already updated. I’ll see about resetting.

I could not download the firmware again. I was just getting an notification stating that the firmware was already downloaded and it wouldn't precede any further. I wasn't able to reset it yesterday as I had a thicker needle than required so I'm getting a smaller one and going to try resetting today to see if it gets fixed. The Live View was definitely working previously as that's how I was able to properly set my front camera. I tried hooking up my rear camera yesterday but my live view is still not working so I couldn't align it. Hopefully resetting it fixes this problem.

Updated original post. Got all of the issues resolved!

Updated original post. Got all of the issues resolved!
Just read your post.
Glad you got it all fixed.
Quite the learning curve I imagine.
Best of luck to you.

Back