SG9663DC bug list

so you are saying that at default settings the text doesn't show up on the rear cam??
just try any other setting it should work. faulty cam??
That is what I am saying. It does not work on any setting I have tried.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW I get the data displayed on my rear cam.

Settings (from memory):
Logo - ON
Plate # - Entered and displayed
GPS - ON
Speed - MPH and displayed
Date/Time - YYYYMMDD/24 hour format and displayed
Loop - 5 Minutes
50/60 Cycle - 60
Time Zone - GMT-5
Screen Saver - 15 Seconds

I think everything else is default.

DC-Rear.jpg

FWIW I get the data displayed on my rear cam.

Settings (from memory):
Logo - ON
Plate # - Entered and displayed
GPS - ON
Speed - MPH and displayed
Date/Time - YYYYMMDD/24 hour format and displayed
Loop - 5 Minutes
50/60 Cycle - 60
Time Zone - GMT-5
Screen Saver - 15 Seconds

I think everything else is default.

View attachment 34851
Thanks for providing that info. I will configure mine exactly and see what happens.

UPDATE ON REAR CAMERA INFO: I used to get telemetry displayed on the rear camera...and then for a week or so did not. Today it is displaying again. What I did was make an arbitrary menu change (I switched to display logo) and after making the change, reformatted the card (in the camera) and now all is well. My hunch is that with any menu preference change, it is advisable to re-format the card right away.
CRS

UPDATE ON REAR CAMERA INFO: I used to get telemetry displayed on the rear camera...and then for a week or so did not. Today it is displaying again. What I did was make an arbitrary menu change (I switched to display logo) and after making the change, reformatted the card (in the camera) and now all is well. My hunch is that with any menu preference change, it is advisable to re-format the card right away.
CRS

thanks for the info, not sure if that's related but will check it out

I installed my DC over the weekend (thanks to SG for the guidance on running the cables).

Day before yesterday, I had parked the car shaded from the evening sun (but was exposed to direct sun during the day). In the evening when I reviewed the footage, about 5 minutes worth of video from the time I started in the evening was missing. I am pretty sure the camera started alright when I drove off the parking lot, so not sure what could have caused this.

I should note that when I inserted the SD card in the PC, Windows warned that the card may be corrupt and offered to scan, but the scan didn't find any issues.

Ps: It wasn't a hot day, and the car was warm in the evening, so I suspect heat wasn't the issue.

Last edited:
Could be a card issue or power cord was on the edge of a good/bad connection. (loose?)
Wouldn't be a "bug" though I think if something like that is going on.

definitely not a power issue as the camera was on. Card issue? may be. But I would have expected DC to beep if it wasn't able to write.

I installed my DC over the weekend (thanks to SG for the guidance on running the cables).

Day before yesterday, I had parked the car shaded from the evening sun (but was exposed to direct sun during the day). In the evening when I reviewed the footage, about 5 minutes worth of video from the time I started in the evening was missing. I am pretty sure the camera started alright when I drove off the parking lot, so not sure what could have caused this.

I should note that when I inserted the SD card in the PC, Windows warned that the card may be corrupt and offered to scan, but the scan didn't find any issues.

Ps: It wasn't a hot day, and the car was warm in the evening, so I suspect heat wasn't the issue.

Windows shouldn't throw and error which may indicate a problem, it's quite possible that the scan Windows performed has removed the files that you were missing if it thought they were corrupt

I'd suggest doing a full format using https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ in your PC to reset the card back to factory default settings, then format in the camera (it will prompt this when it starts up), if you still have any issues with the card after this though just let me know and I'll get things sorted out for you

File name bug appears to be very repeatable. Since my last report of this I have reformatted the card - just in case it may play a part. Yesterday the sequential number portion of the file name 'reset' itself when the camera was powered off. As seen in the attached screen shot the sequential portion of the file names progressed nicely from 098, 099, ....., 103, 104 at which point the camera was powered off. An hour later when powered back on numbering commenced at 005, 006, ......

Looks like the F/W is 'forgetting' the high order digit when it's anything other than '0'. :D

DC-FileName-3.jpg

File name bug appears to be very repeatable. Since my last report of this I have reformatted the card - just in case it may play a part. Yesterday the sequential number portion of the file name 'reset' itself when the camera was powered off. As seen in the attached screen shot the sequential portion of the file names progressed nicely from 098, 099, ....., 103, 104 at which point the camera was powered off. An hour later when powered back on numbering commenced at 005, 006, ......

Looks like the F/W is 'forgetting' the high order digit when it's anything other than '0'. :D

View attachment 35061

is this affecting the display order or playback order at all that you've noticed?

is this affecting the display order or playback order at all that you've noticed?
Not that I've noticed - but then I don't have a viewer program that supports the DC. I do have a trial version of DCV but don't use it because of performance issues on Win-7.

I doubt that there will be any issues (unless the playback S/W is really finicky) since the sequential number portion of file name is the lowest level qualifier and the logical file sequence is not affected.

Not that I've noticed - but then I don't have a viewer program that supports the DC. I do have a trial version of DCV but don't use it because of performance issues on Win-7.

I doubt that there will be any issues (unless the playback S/W is really finicky) since the sequential number portion of file name is the lowest level qualifier and the logical file sequence is not affected.

ok thanks, need to work on some IQ improvements but want to make sure any bugs are taken care of as first priority

I see related things here but maybe not this specific issue. If I set logo Off, then it seems to only do logo off for front cam not rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noticed another file naming anomaly today. Normally when the DC starts recording it creates the 'A' (front) file first followed by the 'B' (rear). Today just the opposite happened - see file '042B' followed by '043B'. (This is F/W V1.14)

DC-FileName-5.jpg

Back