Xiaomi Small Square Smart Camera [Review + Setup+ Unboxing] [LightInTheBox.com]

Agie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A229 Pro, VS1, Nexus 4 Pro, S1 Pro, A119 v3/v2/v1
Hi everyone, just received the Xiaomi Small Square Smart Camera from the folks at LightInTheBox.com, and have done a review over on YouTube which I have embedded below:

To buy from Light In The Box, click here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, a very nice camera in a small footprint and I am impressed with what I am seeing. There are a plethora of options even though the app is half in Chinese it is still fairly easy to work your way around. Image quality is very nice and the refresh rate is decent too - - - night IR vision works a treat. Easily integrated with the rest of the Xiaomi home automation stuff via the Mi Home app.

This is the cheapest Xiaomi camera yet, so awesome to see them being a driving force in market adoption here.

Last edited:
Hey, great review
a few questions
-does iSmartAlarm app (original company that made the square IP cam) work with this? It looks much more useful and its in english
-does it show proper timezone? the previous YI camera required software mod to fix time

i have the previous yi smart 720p camera, the chinese app is really garbage, required a lot of tinkering to get it working but still has issues.

there were a lot of
Hey, great review
a few questions
-does iSmartAlarm app (original company that made the square IP cam) work with this? It looks much more useful and its in english
-does it show proper timezone? the previous YI camera required software mod to fix time

i have the previous yi smart 720p camera, the chinese app is really garbage, required a lot of tinkering to get it working but still has issues.
there were a lot of issues withthe previous Yi camera, including being locked down until they came out with the international edition. i have never owned one, so you will have more knowledge than me on this.

it does show proper timezone, no issue. in fact the latest firmware update today just added this (2.8.3.5) it displays in the top left hand corner in real time counting with the seconds etc.

i couldn't test it with the iSmart Alarm app but maybe it will work, not sure on that.

Hi I would like to know more about the functions of Xiaomi XiaoFong Small Square IP CAM on if there's an app for PC monitoring as well as on mobile phone devices? How to better set "duration & capture" time settings, capture every: 3 Seconds(The sky with the wind) 6 Seconds(Sunrire & sunset) 15 Seconds (Night sky) etc.... refers to & means? Can this camera also doubles as a Webcam? I also have a much more expensive IP CAM apparently the same function & with a few more additional advance features on top, the Xiaomi XiaoFong is definately a great value for basic security IP CAM needs. Thx!

Back