SD Cards Corrupt

MDashcam

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR650GW-2CH, Street Guardian SG9665GC V3, G1WHC
Curious if anybody else has had this or a similar issue. In the last couple weeks I have burned through 5 SD cards with this camera. Never had an issue until now.

Every time the issue happened in parking mode, I'd get back into my car and hear "check SD card". I format it on the blackvue and nothing would happen. Get home try to format it on PC and Mac, no application I found would successfully format the cards (even tried CMD).

3x 64GB Lexar 300x Cards
1x 64GB Lexar 633x Card
1x 16GB Blackvue SD Card

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Any ideas?
last chance - a low-level format in a digital foto camera
if this does not solve the problem - card is incurable

last chance - a low-level format in a digital foto camera
if this does not solve the problem - card is incurable
Any ideas why this is happening? It seems like the camera may be overheating.

Last edited:
Curious if anybody else has had this or a similar issue. In the last couple weeks I have burned through 5 SD cards with this camera. Never had an issue until now.

Every time the issue happened in parking mode, I'd get back into my car and hear "check SD card". I format it on the blackvue and nothing would happen. Get home try to format it on PC and Mac, no application I found would successfully format the cards (even tried CMD).

3x 64GB Lexar 300x Cards
1x 64GB Lexar 633x Card
1x 16GB Blackvue SD Card

Any ideas?
Hey,

Did you get to the bottom of this at all? Mine is doing the same thing now, I’ve gone through two or three cards and exactly the same thing is happening as yours.

Ian

Im having exactly the same problem , if i leave camera on , when i return to car cameras is saying "please wait initializing card" i switch camera of remove mem card , try to read in pc and another card destroyed by camera
been having 6 months of trying to get it repaired but the black vue service team are the slowest ive ever come across . a few months ago i sent camera away for repair only to get parcel back from them in same state as i sent it . i complained , told i had to resend it back but i would need to pay another $50 first ?? . ive now filled in another rma form emailed it back but ive emailed 5 times asking when they will send return label but not any answer from them .

THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS !!!!
once repaired i will be selling this camera and buying a different one but NOT a black vue

Weirdly, it hasn't been happening lately.

The setup I have in the car, is the camera is plugged in to a BlackVue Battery Pack. That is then plugged in to a 10+ amp Battery Guard made by Kemo. Before this was installed correctly, it would shut itself off as the Power Magic Pro that the battery was plugged in to would only supply 2 amps, which was just enough to either charge the battery, or power the camera, but not both. So after a while the camera would shut off.

Since the Kemo has been installed it hasn't played up once. I am wondering if the sudden shut down and start up when the battery dies has something to do with it not being able to read / therefore not be able to overwrite the recording?

Very strange that this has now started working properly.... Any thoughts from anyone on that?

Sounds like its internal battery which keeps it going long enough to shut down properly is stuffed Happened to two of my cameras so replaced that one and the memory battery in both of them.

Shouldnt need 2 amps Ive had them running perfectly on the bench with a 1 amp power supply. Maybe with both cameras running it might

Back