Mobuis Mini

Probably not going to be much of that around considering how quickly the mini overheats, not a practical choice for dashcam use

yeah, just curious.... i found some rc night flights but that tells me not enough for car use....

I have 2pcs 4cm micro fans I wanted to use.... but if I can't find any decent night footage I'm not even doing to try.

From what I have seen, the Mini seems to perform rather well, although it has obvious shortcomings for dashcam use. It would be interesting to see the same sensor and performance of the Mini inside a larger Mobius 1 body, complete with an M12 lens and the larger battery compartment for a capacitor.

Since the new body for this Mini (https://www.ebay.nl/itm/162212692692), I'm thinking of buying one from eletoponline, with the B lens.

Has anyone here done a dashbord test with the B-lens version in day and night time? I know I asked before, but now the housing has vent holes, so maybe that's an advantage.

I know it's just a tad smaller than the Maxi, but for some reason I like the mini's size.

Or should I buy the Maxi better (https://www.ebay.nl/itm/163058924848), instead of the Mini? No big price diference (+/- 5 EU).

Since the new body for this Mini (https://www.ebay.nl/itm/162212692692), I'm thinking of buying one from eletoponline, with the B lens.

Has anyone here done a dashbord test with the B-lens version in day and night time? I know I asked before, but now the housing has vent holes, so maybe that's an advantage.

I know it's just a tad smaller than the Maxi, but for some reason I like the mini's size.

Or should I buy the Maxi better (https://www.ebay.nl/itm/163058924848), instead of the Mini? No big price diference (+/- 5 EU).
The new Mini case does have cooling holes, but I still don't think it's ideal for continuous loop recording. Remember that it does not have an outside-facing heatsink like the M1 and Maxi. Instead it has the 4No brass studs into an internal heatsink plate, to which you must attach the tripod mount to get any decent cooling. There's no capacitor option for the Mini either. I also think the M1 / Maxi cradle is a better design for mounting a camera.

However if you want to try it and let us know how it goes....

The new Mini case does have cooling holes, but I still don't think it's ideal for continuous loop recording. Remember that it does not have an outside-facing heatsink like the M1 and Maxi. Instead it has the 4No brass studs into an internal heatsink plate, to which you must attach the tripod mount to get any decent cooling. There's no capacitor option for the Mini either. I also think the M1 / Maxi cradle is a better design for mounting a camera.

HEY! I'm not your guinea pig hahaha :ROFLMAO:

I could ofcourse use the mount holes to screw a bigger, thin(ner) heatsink closesly on top of the camera (BTW are the holes on top or bottom??). But of course that would add extra beef to the camera and we don't want that.... sigh...

Yeah well, every now and then I tend to "fall" for new stuff..... even if it's just a new bag that it comes in. :unsure:

For a few bucs more I get the Maxi, I guess that's the more sensible way to go.....

I have a mini, but with the "old" case, but I never tried to use it as a dashcamera.
Yes, it's tiny but as of today I would not run into a SMALLER m9 lens, (and not f1.5 I guess), no g-sensor, no wifi.....and, as you say, "new stuff" it's nice to try....

I have a mini, but with the "old" case, but I never tried to use it as a dashcamera.
Yes, it's tiny but as of today I would not run into a SMALLER m9 lens, (and not f1.5 I guess), no g-sensor, no wifi.....and, as you say, "new stuff" it's nice to try....

As TonyM mentiones the heat sink, I can clearly see that on the M1, but where is it on the Maxi?

Is that (in/under/next to) the orange/black coffin sticker?

The case is similar to the Mobius 1 plastic. The heatsink is a lightly textured metal plate.

I wonder would it be possible to have a capacitor on the USB cable ? off course this would not work if cable get dislodged in crash situation.
But for not having lipo inside and finalization of last file it might work.

Since I bought one, I'm interested as well, is there any advance on this matter?

One could imagine a supercap in the cable, IF the cable is soldered onto the board, if that is possible at all, then lead it out the housing with a short cable with female mini USB plug, and you're done?

This discussion reminds me of the project I did four and a half years ago when I installed super-caps on the outside of a GT-680W. I guess in theory you could do the same thing on a Mini. The super-caps get soldered directly to the battery terminals on the PCB. Doing it this way you can still plug the USB cable into the camera in the normal way. The downside would be the cosmetic appearance of the camera with super-caps attached to it but if done well it could look OK.

It might even be necessary to install a super-cap this way vs integrating it into the USB cable because the cable connects to the charging circuit, not the battery connections.

The "big" question about this whole idea is whether or not the firmware for the Mini can be programed for a super-capacitor via mSetup to allow for proper shutdown.

The "big" question about this whole idea is whether or not the firmware for the Mini can be programed for a super-capacitor via mSetup to allow for proper shutdown.

I can't see why not. You can set any Mobius to shut down immediately, weather or not it has a supercapacitor...?

I can't see why not. You can set any Mobius to shut down immediately, weather or not it has a supercapacitor...?

Not owning one, I wasn't sure if that setting was actually available for the Mini in mSetup. Assuming it has that it makes super-caps doable.

Not owning one, I wasn't sure if that setting was actually available for the Mini in mSetup. Assuming it has that it makes super-caps doable.
I don't have a Mini, but the mSetup page for the Mini does not have the same shutdown options that we have seen with the Mobius 1, 2 & Maxi.
1545343131939.png

Back