Shipment time from Gear Best to North America?

Funny story: my friend ordered two flashlights, one from GearBest and the other through Amazon from a Texas store. The GearBest light arrived in NY one week earlier than the Texas light. This is the price we pay for buying on the internet.

Many of the Amazon sellers dropship from China so it often ends up being no different than actually ordering from an overseas seller on Ebay, from Aliexpress or directly from any of the other online Chinese sites. There are exceptions of course when some sellers have some items in stock and when buying from Amazon directly instead of from a seller that's just using Amazon as an online storefront.

Many of the Amazon sellers dropship from China so it often ends up being no different than actually ordering from an overseas seller on Ebay, from Aliexpress or directly from any of the other online Chinese sites. There are exceptions of course when some sellers have some items in stock and when buying from Amazon directly instead of from a seller that's just using Amazon as an online storefront.

A major positive with buying from Amazon, or a seller on Amazon is that if for whatever reason you do not get the merchandise Amazon will refund your money and go after the seller.

A major positive with buying from Amazon, or a seller on Amazon is that if for whatever reason you do not get the merchandise Amazon will refund your money and go after the seller.

One other thing, if you pay with PayPal, like on Ebay and there is a problem with the seller, PayPal will refund your money. A few years ago I bought $1,850 w0rth of American Eagle Silver dollars, and this particular seller wound up scamming a lot of people at the end of his business, I had bought from him a few times before and never had a problem, all of a sudden he started getting bad reviews from buyers for not getting their silver dollars, I was one of them. Anyhow PayPal refunded my $1,850 immediately, no problem. That's about the only way I pay for anything online is with PayPal. PayPal has refunded my money about a half dozen times over the years, but that was the biggest they ever refunded me.

Ordered on 1/31/15. Shipped on 2/4/15. Received today 2/27/15. Shipping was by PostNL. Second batch older style box. Havn't had a chance to power it up but will report any issues when I do.
Have you had the time to try it out?

About how long after they gave you the PostNL tracking number were you able to get tracking information?

About how long after they gave you the tracking number were you able to get tracking information?

the shipping goes through some sub agents when they first start moving the stock so it's not uncommon for it take a week or more before the tracking number shows any movement has happened at all, it will have been moving but just nothing recorded, par for the course with this type of freight

Have you had the time to try it out?

I have tried it out and have not found any issues. Very, very satisfied with the camera and features. The only issue was not with the camera but with choppy video playback using the supplied QTPlayer. I used VLC and other players and all was great so the choppy playback is an issue with the QTPlayer (QuickTime). Since I wanted the GPS info included in the display I did a web search and found the RegistratorViewer. I liked is so much I gave up trying to fix the choppy video playback of the QTPlayer. Hope this helps.

About how long after they gave you the PostNL tracking number were you able to get tracking information?

The tracking info started about 5 days after they said it was "shipped".

2015-02-27 11:38

The item has been delivered successfully

2015-02-24 11:56
The item has been processed in the country of destination

2015-02-16 21:16
The item is on transport to the country of destination

2015-02-13 21:47
The item is at the PostNL sorting center

2015-02-09 03:39
The item is pre-advised

The tracking info started about 5 days after they said it was "shipped".

2015-02-27 11:38 The item has been delivered successfully
2015-02-24 11:56 The item has been processed in the country of destination
2015-02-16 21:16 The item is on transport to the country of destination
2015-02-13 21:47 The item is at the PostNL sorting center
2015-02-09 03:39 The item is pre-advised
Thanks for your help. Good info :)
Your reply to my first question was embedded into my question. I put it into this reply so others will not miss it.

dewardog said:
I have tried it out and have not found any issues. Very, very satisfied with the camera and features.

The only issue was not with the camera but with choppy video playback using the supplied QTPlayer. I used VLC and other players and all was great so the choppy playback is an issue with the QTPlayer (QuickTime).

Since I wanted the GPS info included in the display I did a web search and found the RegistratorViewer. I liked is so much I gave up trying to fix the choppy video playback of the QTPlayer. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help. Good info :)
Your reply to my first question was embedded into my question. I put it into this reply so others will not miss it.

dewardog said:
I have tried it out and have not found any issues. Very, very satisfied with the camera and features.

The only issue was not with the camera but with choppy video playback using the supplied QTPlayer. I used VLC and other players and all was great so the choppy playback is an issue with the QTPlayer (QuickTime).

Since I wanted the GPS info included in the display I did a web search and found the RegistratorViewer. I liked is so much I gave up trying to fix the choppy video playback of the QTPlayer. Hope this helps.
Try Potplayer or VLC.

My unit just got it first tracking info about a week after they shipped it. :)

It just showed up on the "17Track" Android app. BestGear tracking still has it as "not found"

The app has destination as United States but tracking info is "Not Found". However the Origin is Netherlands with status of "Normal Tracking". The date/time is also yesterday morning. I assume the time is local Netherlands time.

I think this means the 0806 arrived in the Netherlands yesterday?

My unit just got it first tracking info about a week after they shipped it. :)

It just showed up on the "17Track" Android app. BestGear tracking still has it as "not found"

The app has destination as United States but tracking info is "Not Found". However the Origin is Netherlands with status of "Normal Tracking". The date/time is also yesterday morning. I assume the time is local Netherlands time.

I think this means the 0806 arrived in the Netherlands yesterday?
I haven't heard of a seller named BestGear. Sounds like new seller. ;)

The slow boat from GearBest finally arrived. It took 21 days to the Boston area. I used the free PostNL shipping. I paid a total of $113 USD using a coupon code from this forum. This included the GPS base and the CLP filter.

My mini 0806 came with firmware version 20150128 v 1.0 which I believe is the latest firmware on mini0806.com as of today.

So far, so good. I have some questions which I'll post in a new thread.

Last edited:
I ordered a quad way back on Feb 16, 2016 and now it is March 13, 2015 still haven't received it...I'm never ordering from GearBest again. The customer service has been the worst and I do understand the distance of the shipping, but I heard great things about GearBest. :mad:

I ordered a quad way back on Feb 16, 2016 and now it is March 13, 2015
But you see there is your problem...you have traveled back in time:D

When you order from Gearbest, you have an option as to where it would ship from. When I purchased from Gearbest specifying US., it shipped from Staten Island (NYC). That explains why it beat Texas. The problem is, if you ever need to return it, they will not accept a return to the US location they shipped from - only China and they will not give you a refund option, only a credit for a purchase of something else on their site.

When this happened to me, I created a case with my Visa card (Chase/United Club) saying just that and after two months they refunded all my money on two units (0805 and 0806). My position was quite simple - I wanted to return it to where it shipped from and get a refund to where I purchased it from.

You have a choice where it gets shipped from if that item is in stock at the location you prefer. Assuming the same item is in stock in the US and China at the same time, the US price is usually higher, with some exceptions.
A few things I've bought from the US warehouse were cheaper than in China. Not sure if it was an overstock thing, or mistake? A few times I guessed the cheaper price for the US warehouse was due to the stuff being old stock, not the current model.

Mike, he nailed it. DHL is normally 3 business days and PostNL (registered) for me in NY has been mostly 3 sometimes 4 weeks. Keep in mind that with a ton of packages in the queue that didn't ship in time for the holiday, are waiting and China coming back after a week's vacation, things will be slower.

Contact @GearBest or email Sunny@GearBest.com, the forum rep, to get more exact info. They should be back in Monday

Thanks for CJHS's help. Hey guys, this is Fiona from Gearbest and I'm take over work of DCT now. So if you need any help with a product or price, pls just PM me or send me an email via Fiona@gearbest.com, and I will try my best to help:)

Last edited:
I picked 3 to 7 day option to Canada. Day 3 and the tracking is till on "shipping information received"

Back