sjdash capacitor time

davecam

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello everyone,ive had a few cameras over the years and now have the sjdash cam,i decided to go with the capacitor type as I drive a truck and these run all day!ive had a couple of buldged batteries in sj4000 before.
I have a question as to how long the time/date will hold if the sjdash isn't used,im currently not using it for a few weeks and ive noticed the time/date slips back to 1/1/17 if I check it,also ive just plugged it in and was about to reset the time but decided to operate its wifi with my phone,i checked a couple of settings and now the camera has the correct time and date automatically,is this a feature?mine has the version 1.4,thanks for any answers.

time will update from your phone, how long it will keep time and date will depend if it has an RTC cell on the mainboard or not, if just relying on the caps it will only hold for maybe a week, if it has an RTC cell it should hold up to a month

thanks jokiin,yeah that's an easy feature then which saves fiddling with resetting the time/date on the actual camera.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N SJDASH 0
J SJDASH 7
TonyCams SJDASH 10
Viking SJDASH 7
Viking SJDASH 1
Back