Thinkware Email

TexasSpartan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S - 2CH
I have been emailing Thinkware about future ability to be notified of an incident (Cloud service) when in parking mode. I received the following response and have to say, I'm disappointed that this feature will not be added at some point. I'm not really concerned about geofencing or if my vehicle gets into an accident while I'm the one driving. I know there are work arounds but was really hoping they would do a firmware update to offer this capability.

Thank you for contacting Thinkware Dash Cam.

Thanks for the feedback!

While these features will not be implemented in the F800/F800Pro, we will forward your suggestion to our development team for further improvements.

Please feel free to contact us again if you encounter any other issues.

Kind regards,

Customer Support

THINKWARE Dash Cam™ (North America)

This is unacceptable when it is clearly stated in the video that Parking Incident Notifications and Remote Live Streaming is part of the cloud features.

I wonder if the support agent was just uninformed? Maybe they ment it's not going to be implemented in the F800 but they incorrectly added the Pro to their response..

I had a similar incorrect response a few weeks ago. I was requesting that they add impact / shock detection only as an option to the F800 when in parking mode. They responded it was already able to do impact / shock detection only when in parking mode.

I wrote back saying that was incorrect and included a screenshot of the parking mode options (motion and timelapse only). I then got another response back saying I was correct and that the customer service rep was able to look in the settings and verify that impact / shock was not already an option in parking mode.

Bottom line is I've had the camera for 2 weeks and I knew more about it than the person responding to me..

Here was the response I received after they realized I was correct.
Thank you for contacting Thinkware Dash Cam.

Sorry I thought there was an option for parking impact only mode. I just checked and there is not that option. I have forwarded your request to our development team.

Please feel free to contact us again if you encounter any other issues.

Kind regards,

Last edited:
I sent Thinkware this information and they are saying that video link is from the CES 2017 show where they discussed the F800 AIR that had these capabilities. They did not release this model. To me, this is pretty misleading as their main competitor (Blackvue) has this feature and they "talk" about it at the show but do not release it???

Were the questions to them and the answers to you specific only to the F800 or F800 Pro as well?

From what I have read, F800 was only released to the US market and will not be getting the cloud features.

In any case, they have been promoting the F800 Pro with reference to winning the CES 2017 award so it will be misleading and misrepresentation on their part if they back track on it now.

It was specific to the F800Pro as that is the cam I purchased and installed. As I said earlier, I too think this is misleading based on their 2017 CES video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So they deleted the video. Shame on them. If I reside in the US, I'll call for a class action suit.

Back