Viewing footage....not on a laptop

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
I have just bought and installed a F50 in my daughter's car.

Is it possible to use a cable direct from the Dash Cam to a Android device to view footage, instead of taking the SD card out and using a laptop ?

I ask this because it would be very handy if I am involved in a incident and I want to show the police the footage at the scene.

I'm sure this can be done, as in my car I can connect my Silent Witness SW010 direct to my Google Pixel phone and view the recorded files.

I'm new to Thinkware and I'm using the F50 in my daughter's car as a test case before I commit to swapping to Thinkware for our other family cars.

If anyone is doing this and can point me in the right direction as to which cables work, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bobby

No way of connecting the camera direct to a phone to view the footage. However you could insert the memory card into your phone and view them as they are recorded as MP4 files......

Mmm...thanks for that suggestion and it's a option.

However, not being able to do this probably puts me off switching to Thinkware.

Probably because I can do it now on my current set up and I hate going backwards !!! Besides Google Pixel phones don't have a SD card slot !!! Just a large internal 128gb memory.

Cheers

Doh !!! Of course. I'll give it a try using my daughter's dash cam, thanks.

Back